I don't love my family?

Yes, I know it sounds horrible. But I thought about it over and over and if I said I did love my family I would be lying. I'm not sure how I could ever come to love them. My mom is constantly out working, and only wants me to be at the top of my class, then go study to be a lawyer or accountant. She even told me I didn't need any friends that had worse grades than me and would compare me to my friends who got better grades than me.

I don't have much to say about my father. It feels like he isn't even part of my family.

My brother is 18, and the one that I was closest to, until he graduated. He started putting his friends and girlfriend first, and doesn't want to talk to me anymore. Even during our one month vacation from school we only saw each other like once a week tho we were in the same house 24/7.

Yeah, I don't know. Advice please....

Favorite Answer

I felt the same way when I was a teenager. I grew out of it though and I love my family now. It took awhile to get past that phase though.

I ABSOLUETLY HATE my family especially my mom. She is the Worst mom EVER. She mentally abuses me... she thinks soooo lowly about me...im actually a nice girl but wtf she thinks that im a bi#ch, stupid, loser, good for nothing, she curses me and SOOOO many things ....she blames me for everything....she thinks she is always right

she has hurt me soooo many times

i wanna leave the house but the problem is that i have nowhere is to goooo!

im 18 btw

i cant move out because i have no money!

• Arnie

Nobody can make anybody love anybody. Sometimes there is no connection between people, and that's it. As long as there are other people you can connect to.

You have to work around the speedbumps. It happens in this age. But if you try harder to understand what your family is going through and look at things from their point of view. then it might be a different story.