Working in Admin under my own ABN what should I know?


I am working for a company, but under my own ABN doing Admin work. What do I need to do, because I know I will be paying my own tax, but is there anything I need to know because that is all I know.

1 Answer

  • Neil
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You're working in reality as a contractor so you need to submit invoices for your hours worked. These will have to have GST added to your basic rate. Hopefully this was something that was negotiated correctly). There will be no holiday pay, possibly no Workers Comp insurance etc.

    Bas Statements will have to be submitted Monthly/Quarterly although I prefer to do it Monthly as it doesn't get away from you. You should also be talking to your accountant so you understand everything as there should be various expenses you can claim.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.