How do I replace a line, load, nuetral switch with a standard 2 wires switch ?

I have a light switch which can be controlled manually, or by a timer in the basement. I has 3 wires, line, load and nuetral. The switch keeps coming on each day at the same time even though it is no longer hooked up to the timer. I know it is a swich problem because the switch does the same thing on other... show more I have a light switch which can be controlled manually, or by a timer in the basement. I has 3 wires, line, load and nuetral. The switch keeps coming on each day at the same time even though it is no longer hooked up to the timer. I know it is a swich problem because the switch does the same thing on other circuts. I want to replace the switch with a simple 2 wire switch. How do I hook up the 3 wires?, or should i just hook up 2 (which 2)? and put a wire nut on the unused wire?