16 5-Star Fights on Boxrec.. Predictions?
The most amount of highly anticipated fights i've seen on boxrec. I know that just because a fight is on boxrec doesn't mean its set in stone (fighter can get injured, fail drug test, pull out, etc.) but i guess its still a good look for the fans. cant wait for that PDL vs Mares fight on the Mayweather undercard. Can B-Hop do it one more time or will age finally catch up with him? Will Alexander/Brook be a snoozer like Alexander/Bailey was? Can Huck finish the job and stop Afolabi this time around? Will Nonito find a way to pull out of the Rigo fight?
Who you got? Which one are you anticipating the most? For me its probably Trout vs Alvarez, although Maidana vs Lopez has FOTY potential.
1. Bernard Hopkins vs Tavoris Cloud
2. Arthur Abraham vs Robert Stieglitz
3. Tony Bellew vs Isaac Chilemba
4. Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux
5. Tyson Fury vs Steve Cunningham
6. Austin Trout vs Saul Alvarez
7. Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah
8. Sergio Gabriel Martinez vs Martin Murray
9. Daniel Ponce De Leon vs Abner Mares
10. Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Robert Guerrero
11. Lamont Peterson vs Lucas Martin Matthysse
12. Devon Alexander vs Kell Brook
13. Chad Dawson vs Jean Pascal
14. Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler
15. Marco Huck vs Ola Afolabi
16. Marcos Rene Maidana vs Josesito Lopez
- STICK AND MOVELv 78 years agoFavorite Answer
This schedule is freakishly good. Hopefully no weird sh*t happens where half of them get cancelled. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
1. Bernard Hopkins vs Tavoris Cloud - 9/10 - I'm taking B-Hop, I think he can school the one-dimensional Cloud, unless age has totally caught up with him.
2. Arthur Abraham vs Robert Stieglitz - 7/10 - Solid matchup. I thought AA won the first fight pretty clearly, he should take the second too, scoring a knockdown or two along the way.....possibly by getting a KO. Abarham could always get outworked though...
3. Tony Bellew vs Isaac Chilemba - 7/10 - I like it. Good fight between two contenders. I kind of favor Chilemba, but it's a 50-50 fight IMO.
4. Nonito Donaire vs Guillermo Rigondeaux - 9/10 - DOPE. I gotta pick Donaire, he's too consistent. Rigo is a beast tho....Nonito better be on his A game.
5. Tyson Fury vs Steve Cunningham - 7/10 - I like that Fury is fighting a live opponent. USS is a CW naturally, and I just don't really see him winning. I was impressed w/ Fury during the Kevin Johnson fight, but to be fair it's not like KJ did sh*t in that fight either.
6. Austin Trout vs Saul Alvarez - 10/10 - GREAT fight. I'm really f*cking excited for this one. Somebody's 0 has got to go, and the style matchup couldn't be better. Slick Trout, or hard hitting Canelo? I'll take Trout for the upset.
7. Danny Garcia vs Zab Judah - 7/10 - Decent matchup. Zab always starts fast, the fight is in BK, and Garcia has basically no defense. His face blows up too, although Zab is basically in the same boat, considering he hasn't had eyebrows since he was 22 probably. I like it Danny to win by late stoppage in a good fight.
8. Sergio Gabriel Martinez vs Martin Murray - 6/10 - It's in Argentina, and Murray isn't a big puncher. Martinez should take care of business with minimal problems and win by TKO.
9. Daniel Ponce De Leon vs Abner Mares - 10/10 - Mares is biting off more than he can chew here IMO. He always brings it, but PDL is one of the hardest punchers in the sport. He's also bigger, and unlike most big punchers, he throws in volume until the punch comes (as opposed to looking for that one shot). It seems like Mares gets tired and fades at some point late in fights too. I'm thinking PDL puts Mares down and out in something like round 9-11.
10. Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Robert Guerrero - 8/10 - I don't think highly of Guerrero. He can't outbox Floyd from the outside, and if Robert tries to pull the same sh*t he did against Berto, he'll get torn up on the inside as well. Floyd has a VERY underrated inside game, he's sick in that area. Floyd by UD or maaaybe a late stoppage.
11. Lamont Peterson vs Lucas Martin Matthysse - 9/10 - Love it. Give me Matthysse all day to knock Peterson the f*ck out. ALL DAY.
12. Devon Alexander vs Kell Brook - 9/10 - Probably boring, but a very interesting fight. Maybe the only one I'm not sure about yet when it comes to who I think will win. If DA can do one thing, it's making a fight boring as f*ck and stinking out a good opponent. I could see Brook winning a decision, or DA winning a boring decision. Don't see a stoppage for either guy at least.
13. Chad Dawson vs Jean Pascal - 9/10 - Give me Bad Chad by decision. Don't think he'll start so slow in the rematch, and let Pascal take the early rounds. Pascal is a four round fighter, who (in the words of B-Hop) will "run, *****, quit, and not want to fight" after about six rounds. Dawson overwhelms Pascal late and wins a competitive decision.
14. Carl Froch vs Mikkel Kessler - 8/10 - First fight was the best of the Super Six. I feel like Froch is always improving, and Kessler has declined a bit. I thought Froch barely won the first fight, so I'm thinking he wins a convincing decision this time.
15. Marco Huck vs Ola Afolabi - 9/10 - First two fights were sick. I thought Huck stole the first, and Afolabi won the second. Gimme this third fight all day, and I'll take Afolabi by decision. Huck looked like complete sh*t against an old man in Firat Arslan last time out. Ola is NOT Firat Arslan.
16. Marcos Rene Maidana vs Josesito Lopez - 9/10 - Lopez is one tough SOB, and we all know about Chino. Love the fight, I could actually see Lopez stealing a decision if he works Maidana's body. I dont' like that the fight is at 147lb though, I think Lopez needs to be at 140lb. I favor Chino but Josesito is a live dog.
- Anonymous5 years ago
This Site Might Help You.
16 5-Star Fights on Boxrec.. Predictions?
The most amount of highly anticipated fights i've seen on boxrec. I know that just because a fight is on boxrec doesn't mean its set in stone (fighter can get injured, fail drug test, pull out, etc.) but i guess its still a good look for the fans. cant wait for that PDL vs Mares fight on...Source(s): 16 5 star fights boxrec predictions: https://biturl.im/yapQo
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 4 years ago
Everton 2-2 Liverpool
- 8 years ago
Cloud over Hopkins in a close, ugly SD.
Abraham over Stieglitz.
Bellew over Chilemba
Donaire over Rigo
Fury over Cunningham
Alvarez over Trout
Garcia over Judah
Martinez over Murray
Mares over PDL
Mayweather over Guerrero
Matthysse over Peterson
Brook over Alexander (but Brook might get robbed)
Pascal over Dawson
Froch over Kessler
Huck over Afolabi
Maidana over Lopez.
GREAT string of fights, I agree. . . Not to mention the 4 star fights like Burns/Vazquez (postponed to the 20th, but Burns hasn't confirmed he's still willing to go through); Provo/Bradley (this should be a great fight to watch if Bradley doesn't headbutt and hold too much).