Rick asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 8 years ago

Las Vegas $90 Power bill for 1 bedroom after setting thermostat to 90 degrees?How much is your Bill?

For the last 3 months i've set my thermostat in my old 1 bedroom apartment that has an electric water heater at 90 degrees & my power bill has come out to $90 monthly.

This is pretty high as i use to have a 3 bedroom new house with a gas water heater that averaged a $70 power bill.

For the summer what temperature do you set your thermostat to???

Favorite Answer

Recommended thermostat settings from NV Energy:

These simple steps don't cost a thing, but can potentially save you 10-25% on your monthly energy bill.

In the cold months, set the thermostat to 68 degrees when home, and then back to 55 - 68 degrees when unoccupied.

In warm months, set the thermostat to 78-80 degrees when home and 5 to 10 degrees warmer at night or when you're not home.

I don't know why you would want to set your thermostat as high as 90? Even on the coldest days outside (and it really hasn't been a cold winter) you would be sweltering inside. So, unless you're a nudist, that would probably be really uncomfortable.

During the summer, you should set your thermostat to around 80 or so, But if you are fine with 90 inside, your AC won't be running too much.

We typically set ours for 76-78 during the summer, but don't have gas, so everything is electric. I believe our summer bills run about $220, but we also have a swamp cooler that works pretty well until the temps get above 100 outside.

• pavick

Those are kilowatts?? I can't see a freezer pulling that variety of vigor. It would generate a lot warmth you could detect that. About the only factor i've seen that would exchange and pull that so much vigor has been a hot water leak with an electrical water heater. You might want to make a list of the whole lot in the residence that's jogging and what you could have introduced due to the fact last yr. Like a pool or scorching bath? A/C items? Strolling a battery charger all the time? Is your neighbor growing pot and stealing your juice? Lol. Excellent good fortune.

Older places can zap your power bill. Last Summer our electric bill was sometimes as high as $300. We had a two story that was built in the 80's, though. with many windows.

Source(s): Live in Las Vegas

Winter I have gas and it runs aboaut 80 at 70, summer at 80 electricity and runs about $165. Have management check for leaks, etc.