Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 8 years ago

If Egyptians voted for Nobel prize winner and Liberal Mohamed Elbaradei, would Netanyahu have won elections?

fear mongering is a great tool for re elections.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Samy
    Lv 5
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

why not ? every thing is possiple that days without any cause

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The most recent election showed Netanyahu as the winner.

I think that, in Bibi's case, there are more things than fear mongering that would persuade the Israeli populace to vote for him. I do agree, fear mongering is a good tool, and almost used in every election around the world to some extent, but with Israel, every Israeli politician has to address it so it really doesn't give him much of an advantage.

• 8 years ago

While that win would have impressed Israelis & made them happy... Israel's much bigger concerns are Iran, it's allies Syria & Hizbollah & Hamas. (Elbaradei isn't liberal - he's moderate. He's just isn't as extreme as Morsi, & Islamists who won.)

Netanyahu didn't win on "fear mongering." The Arab countries around Israel are worth being afraid of in their attitudes at Israel, so no one has to do "mongering." Israelis tend to vote left, until peace offers are rejected with violence. THAT's what causes them to go right, time & again. This time Olmert's offers to Abbas were rejected, & nothing's indicating new hope is possible yet.

Netanyahu is moderate right & can build a good coalition, & isn't hard right the way anti-Israelis like to portray.

• Kini
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

They couldnt vote for him. Some politicians decided who was a viable candidate and they whittled it down to two awkward choices, Morsi and the former P.M. to Mubarak. Thats how I remember it. They eliminated one candidate because his mother was American.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.