Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 8 years ago

Which of the following forced Jean-Bertrand Aristide out of power in Haiti?

the United Nations

the Haitian aristocracy

the Haitian military

the nation of Cuba

Which of the following nations used social media sites to organize protests?

Syria

Morocco

Egypt

Chile

Use the following excerpt from Mohandas K. Gandhi's "Statement in the Great Trial, 1922" to answer the question below:

"In fact, I believe that I have rendered a service to India and England by showing in non-co-operation the way out of the unnatural state in which both are living…I am endeavoring to show to my countrymen that violent non-co-operation only multiples evil, and that as evil can only be sustained by violence, withdrawal of support of evil requires complete abstention [avoidance] from violence...I am here, therefore, to invite and submit cheerfully to the highest penalty that can be inflicted upon me for what in law is deliberate crime, and what appears to me to be the highest duty of a citizen."

-excerpt from Mohandas K. Gandhi's "Statement in the Great Trial", 1922

Based on this excerpt, how did Mohandas Gandhi's approach to gaining independence in India differ from the approach taken in French-Indo China?

Rebels in French Indo-China rejected the use of violence.

Gandhi believed that violence was not an effective means to bring change.

Gandhi believed violent resistance to be the highest duty of a citizen.

Rebels in French Indo-China saw peaceful negotiation as the most effective means to bring change.

Which of the following was General Augusto Pinochet responsible for?

the many sanctions imposed on Bolivia

the disappearance of thousands of people in Chile

the short Falkland War with Great Britain

the harsh suppression of a revolution in Algeria

Favorite Answer

1. The Haitian military

2. Egypt

3. Gandhi believed that violence was not an effective means to bring change.

4. The disappearance of thousands of people in Chile

Source(s): World History Student

If I remember correctly they've invaded Haiti more than once, that's if you don't count the present situation. I would think the US army won't be in a hurry to leave. As for the American people, they wouldn't be interested unless it caused them problems. Incidentally, I was interested to see that the often derided Scientologists flew in a Jumbo containing a large consignment of aid. The boy Travolta piloted them in his personally owned plane.

• Did you end up getting the answers for any of these? I need these too. :P