Will an EN for a grade affect my GPA if I am transferring schools?

I am transferring schools from OSU to Baker College in Michigan. If I have one or two EN's for non attendance for two classes will that affect my GPA? Remember that I am not transferring my credits.


Also, will this affect my financial aid for fall 2013 semester at the new school

1 Answer

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    The "EN" grade should not affect your GPA as you withdrew from the class due to non attendance. This will impact your financial aid because in order to receive financial aid you must meet the quantitative and qualitative Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). For the quantitative SAP, you would need to pass at least 75% of the credits which you attempted. The two classes you received a grade of "EN" counts as a class in which you attempted but did not pass. For qualitative SAP, you need to maintain a GPA of 2.0 (undergrad), 3.0 (grad), or otherwise specified by your degree. The two grades of "EN" will not have an impact on your GPA.

    If you are not meeting either of the SAP standards, you would be ineligible for financial aid. Because you are transferring to a different school, Baker College should only be looking at your quantitative SAP (unless you previously attended Baker College, then they will look at the grades you received while attending there. They would not look at your grades from OSU to determine your qualitative SAP.) for all the higher education institution you attended. If you are below the 75% passing mark, you would need to file an appeal in order to receive financial aid. Otherwise, you would need to bring your passing rate to 75% or above in order to be eligible for financial aid.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.