Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Josh
Lv 6
Josh asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 years ago

Do you think its laughable Joe Flacco is the highest paid NFL player in history?

Baltimore will regret such a dumb decision. I do agree Flacco played very well in the playoffs, but his contract is a joke. hes not even a top 5 quarterback and hes getting paid more than top 5 quarterbacks are? ha!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • T-Ham
    Lv 4
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's a joke that they paid him the 20 million. He had one good run in the playoffs, there is about 7 quarterbacks better than him.

• D
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

It is laughable, yes, however the Ravens aren't as stupid as it looks at first. They backloaded that contract like crazy, now that the details on it are out. Flacco is only getting 6 million next year, and his last year of the contract he's getting 29 million. But does anyone think that last year will ever get paid out? I sure don't. The Ravens are now able to make it look like Flacco is getting elite money, but he'll never see those elite paychecks, that contract will be restructured long before then.

• 8 years ago

Flacco's contract is for 3 years, $52 million. The Ravens will then cut him or restructure any remaining commitments based on his previous 3 years' performance.

The 6 years and the $120 mm mean nothing, because NFL contracts are not worth the paper they're written on.

• 8 years ago

It is a joke. I guess he's just in the right place at the right time, and now he's cashing in.

What's really laughable is that the Ravens SHOULD have been eliminated from the playoffs in Denver. I still can't believe how badly the Denver defensive secondary "performed" in the last 40 seconds of the 4th quarter in that game....now, THAT was a joke!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

20 fumbles over the past 2 years, never thrown more than 25 TD's, a 2:1 TD/INT ratio of every year of his career. The guy is the definition of mediocrity.

HOWEVER, after they went on to the Superbowl I was hoping he was going to play like he did. Why? Because he demanded a massive contract that shoots the Ravens in the foot. There is no way they will return to the Superbowl now. All the Pats have to beat now are the Broncos. It's like a free ride to the AFC Championship.

• Tony
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

I think its hilarious. The Ravens paid Brady/Manning type money for a Roethlisberger/Rivers caliber player. Flacco had a great run in the playoffs, but he should be paid around 15 million/year.

• Riles
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

QB's better than Flacco:

Aaron Rodgers

Peyton Manning

Tom Brady

Drew Brees

Russell Wilson

Colin Kaepernick

RGIII

That being said, he deserved a massive contract, I mean, he just had the greatest playoff run I've ever seen. But this contract's a tad over-the-top.

• 8 years ago

Over paying is still better than having Blaine Gabbert, Ryan Fitzpatrick, or some other rookie as your quarterback. So I can't really blame these guys for locking up their franchise QB, you night as well not even play without a decent one.

• 8 years ago

Hell yes it's is, because the guy does not even have the stats of a elite QB, do you know he hasn't had a 4,000 yard season ever since he went in the NFL? And he didn't win the super bowl, it was kruger,lewis,reed, and that defense who won the super bowl. The fact that the ravens even thought of this is redicuious, and after we see how much worth he really is, the GM will have his stuff packed already.

Source(s): Common Sense
  • Shawn
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

Ridiculous

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.