Why do like to say that racism doesn't exist, or act like black people are making things up?

Time and time again I'm always hearing people say that it's 2013 and racism doesn't exist, and majority of the time when black people talk about it we're just complaining. Obviously I can see that racism isn't coming to an end anytime soon, but why are people acting like it just disappeared,... show more Time and time again I'm always hearing people say that it's 2013 and racism doesn't exist, and majority of the time when black people talk about it we're just complaining. Obviously I can see that racism isn't coming to an end anytime soon, but why are people acting like it just disappeared, because of the year that we're in. I usually hear white people say that racism doesn't exist, and then its usually the ones not being affected by it. I understand that lala land is a cool place and all ,but why do people act like having scholarships, and a black president means that racism is gone?