is it o.k. to give two different types of formula to a baby 1 month old throughout the day?

Giving 2 bottles of 1 kind generic wal-mart and then 2 bottles of enfamil gentlease

Favorite Answer

It may be tough on your babies stomach and lead to digestive difficulties Or even make your baby fussy over food..

Really you should see a doctor or nurse and ask them. Personally I wouldn't Risk it, but I'm an IRISH mom so I don't know the brands but switching between formulas back and forth could be a big mistake with out a doctors okay on it!

Source(s): Mommy to a 3 year old son

My son grow to be the comparable. overlook what the can says. enable him show you the way lots he needs. At that age my son grow to be ingesting 5 oz. At approximately 2 months he grow to be ingesting 6 oz. he's now 14 weeks and eats 8 oz. he's amazingly healthful and chuffed. you may desire to bypass with what he needs. do no longer purely enable him have a sprint and if he does eat 5 ozattempt giving him a soother after. maybe he merely desires to suckle. yet supply him greater milk!!! he's a sizable healthful toddler, no longer a 7 lbs toddler.

As long as they are the same type it's fine. For example both gentle, both milk based or both soy. I did that every month with two of my children. We got WIC, but they often drank more than WIC gave. WIC had them on Prosobee, but at the end of the month I'd buy Parent's Choice Soy from Walmart or whatever other soy I might have a coupon for. They were fine with it. You just aren't supposed to switch between types. Switching between brands is fine.

When you change formulas, it should be gradual because their tummies are so sensitive to change.