Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 8 years ago

How does Groupon work?

I went on the site and it seems to have great deals. But it seems a little odd that you have you buy the coupon in order to save money. It confuses me on how you would save money. When you buy the coupon, do you buy the discounted price? And all you have to present (lets say going to a restaurant, and paying for food) is the piece of paper?

I tried looking up on how the whole process works but it only seemed to confuse me more.

Favorite Answer

When you buy a Groupon coupon, you buy a product (let's say, going to a restaurant with two persons) at the discounted price. What you pay to get the coupon is what you pay.

However, the meal typically doesn't include drinks, and because you feel you're getting a good deal, you typically spend a bit more on that -- and to quote that guy from "Rules of Engagement": that is how they get you. ;-)

Actually, even if you do spend a bit more money on drinks and tip (because you feel a bit uncomfortable tipping the usual amount), it's usually still a pretty good deal.

How Does Groupon Work

It works in a way that Groupon help the vendors advertise their service or products. You need to buy a coupon from Groupon and if there are enough people buying it you can use the coupon to buy the service by presenting that coupon.

To sum up, the service provider "pay" Groupon to advertise their service and the customer get the better deal. Remember that you can always use some site like cashbackcoupon to buy Groupon coupon at cheaper price.

Source(s): cashbackcoupon.net Groupon.com My self

With the example of a restaurant, it's like this: the restaurant has some specific time/dates when it's low on visitors, so they are ready to give a discount to promote themselves and get at least someone to visit during that time. Groupon takes the restaurant's discount, sells it to people as coupons and pays the restaurant minus Groupon's share. You buy the coupon, print it out and present in the restaurant to get your discounted food. In theory this sound fine, but there's a big fat "BUT" in there...

I dunno which country you are in, but in many countries Groupon has been known to do some shady scam stuff, because they don't check if the seller they are working with legit or not.

Just a few examples off Russian branch of Groupon: they sold robocleaners at 600$ per item ("discount" from over 1000$) and supposedly made in Germany, which in truth turned out to be a chinese-made **** worth 40$ a piece with shipping off alibaba.com, no returns were made. They also sold Kirby vacuum cleaners for about 2600$ when they're available on ebay for 200$ tops. Sold fake uggs for the price of real ones. Sold a bunch of iPhones that weren't delivered to *a single* customer, when the scam surfaced, Groupon returned those people their money... by putting them on internal Groupon accounts, i.e. those money could only be spent on some other Groupon scam. Of course, those were 3rd party sellers working through Groupon network to scam people, but Groupon did nothing to prevent that or help those people, they endorsed scammers to get their cut.

Maybe in your country Groupon is fine, i just feel the need to warn you.

• erke

What Is Groupon

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How does Groupon work?

I went on the site and it seems to have great deals. But it seems a little odd that you have you buy the coupon in order to save money. It confuses me on how you would save money. When you buy the coupon, do you buy the discounted price? And all you have to present (lets say going to a restaurant,...

Source(s): groupon work: https://tinyurl.im/8i1eW

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/DGRk7

Groupon is totally safe, search up reviews for it. There is a neutral aspect as I've seen many positive and negative reviews with people not getting the items they ordered. I do my coupons from the Victoria section and have yet to get a faulty order.

if you order a back brace do you get the brace or a coupon to buy the brace