Ryan
Ryan asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 years ago

Why hasn't Ron Paul sued the media for slander?

CNN-"Ron Paul is a racist, he wants to bring slavery back"

MSN-"Ron Paul hates gay people and is a mysoginist"

Fox-"Ron Paul wants to legalize crack and his foreign policy will lead to nuclear war"

All of the above-"Ron Paul is a kook his policies will lead to collapse!"

Isn't it funny when Obama ran in 08' the media praised him for the exact same foreign policy and saying he would decriminalize weed? Could it be the only reason they came after RP like that was because they knew he wasn't lying? Why didn't the liberal media attack Romney for being a cult member why did they come after Ron harder is it because they knew Paul vs. Obama was far more dangerous when it comes to debates? Think about it..

@scott you side with the lamestream media I think it's safe to assume your iq is around 75points am I correct?

@xtreem you don't understand his policies and you worship the federal government. He wanted to cut the fed by 50% and empower the states. You are statist authoritarian trash the Federal government got us $16.5 trillion In debt not the states.

Favorite Answer

Because Ron Paul has Character, and Dignity. He doesn't buy into our system the way it is being run -- by immature "Leaders" that get along worse than school children. He doesn't respect and UNDERSTANDS that our media are puppets for X and Y parties, for their own agenda -- they aren't agents of truth.

Ron Paul speaks his mind,.. he speaks truth, and common sense. Sadly these are things that a majority of people don't even recognize when they hear them anymore. Instead a majority of people believe whatever news station they favor blindly. Until people wake up and do a little thinking for themselves and arm themselves with the FACTS this type of Ill-run government will remain, get larger, and personal liberties will continue to be etched away. We may already be too far down the process of losing control to a tyrannical and oppressive government that when and IF people woke up with a leader like Ron Paul (or another that has true motivation to restore our country FOR the people) that we simply couldn't repair the damage.

We already don't know where to start to fix our titanic issues -- and as such we just ignore them and play the 'blame game' -- as if blaming X party is going to help the problems we face as we go down in flames.

I am not doom and gloom -- I used to have immense pride in our nation,.. now I am simply baffled at where we have wound up, and feel quite helpless to do anything about it alone. The shift of power is insane -- the People of this nation have no power - even though technically our leaders only supposedly have the power we give them. The fact is a vast majority of the population of this country are sheep,.. that are uninformed and actually believe the pathological lies our current administration portrays -- and even worse SUPPORTS the administration among a country failing in more ways than it succeeds.

If Ron Paul sued the media for slander it would not be consistent with his character -- and I would, frankly, be dissappointed. It would accomplish NOTHING positive,.. he doesn't need money (aside from the BILLION+ to run a successful campaign) -- And he would be dropping to the level of his peers who , by and large, are lost in the world of political games.

I sincerely wish Ron Paul was 20 years younger.. and Americans would get the real coverage of his purpose and plan for America -- instead of becoming arguably too old to hold the office (though I think he would be fine in 2016..) -- instead the media suppresses him, and as such the American people don't KNOW Ron Paul, and what they know is negative due to the media. Ron Paul is one of the only presidential candidates that has stayed nearly 100% consistent in his common sense and smart views and ideology throughout his entire political career. Remember, he is a medical doctor as well.. this guy is not only smart but can and does , for lack of a better word, OWN other candidates in debates -- he is miles above other political pun-dents and yet he is suppressed and slandered by the media on both sides because he makes SENSE. Go figure.

I hope America gets new leadership in 2016 that has half the capacity and ability of someone like Ron Paul -- if not, I don't see how we can possibly sustain ourselves. We have a very short rope with which to survive as a nation. On the same token we also have the ability to be the greatest nation on earth --

It's more difficult for a public figure to win a slander or libel suit than for a more private citizen. Also, I don't believe Dr. Paul ran for president just to have another candidate in the ring who wants people sued, fired, and ostracized for dissing Dear Leader.

When one becomes a national figure, one loses some of the protections of slander and libel laws. The burden of proof becomes that much harder, and suing for it is a no-win situation.

Why didn't Kerry sue the Swiftboat Veterans?

• ?

I agree, Ron Paul has always been too passive. He should have spoken out more. Perhaps he was afraid of getting assassinated or something. I don't know.

Because all along he was just a DNC plant to split the vote and hand the election to the Democrat.

Just like Ross Perot did in 1992.

He accomplished his mission. He got what he wanted, so why would he sue?

• Yeah but will he haunt your prostate? Ron Paul will haunt your prostate.

Because you can only sue for slander if what they say isn't true.