Help with AP US History?

Can you give me a general idea of where to go with this essay question? ---> Assess the extent to which World War I altered the status of women and African Americans in the United States, 1914-1920. If change occured, by what means were those changes accomplished and were they permanent?

If you could just list the things that I definitely need to talk about in order to respond to the question effectively that would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

I'd investigate employment opportunities, enlistment, blacks serving as officers, voting rights, and the movement to northern cities.

Men fought in WWI ---> Left jobs back at home ---> Woman took those jobs, got better rights and more freedom.

U.S. fought in WWI --> Need more soldiers ---> Promised African Americans freedom if they fought with them ---> War ends and African Americans helped fight in the war ---> Freedom