You can't change the past. But you can learn from your experience and change who you are now?

Be the person you want to be, today?

Every time high school comes to mind, I remember all the bitter memories. I was the outcast, the outsider, the shy, nerdy kid the jocks bullied and the girls ignored.

And we all know that prom is an essential part of a person's teenage years. Well, I got to attend prom because a few good friends (cool, popular people who really thought I was worth it, not like the jocks and hot cheerleaders who treated me bad) took me with them.

But I didn't get to ask a girl out. Didn't even get to dance--I was just there, at our table. Alone. They all came with dates. And there was no one in the room I could ask to dance.

Come to think of it, though, I asked this girl named Stacy to dance in senior year (and she said yes). So that wasn't so bad.

But I sometimes feel bitter and resentful and want to go back in time and change my prom experience (and I wish I wasn't treated so bad).

HOW??

There are no PROMS in life now--this isn't high school! I want a PROM all over again! How do I learn from it and be the person I want to be?

Can I have prom again? No!

@ lumon: I'm ASKING HOW it applies! I mean, obviously, I can never have prom again, can I?! THERE IS NO PROM after high school! So I was wondering how that little quote was applicable.

WHAT things? And what memories? There are NO DANCES in my life now--not now, not ever!

Favorite Answer

This isn't a question.... Is it? Because all i see here is that you're giving advise to someone out there to not make thesame mistake you did.... Am i right?

Source(s): My high school experience wasn't all that good either, i was something of a nerd (cool nerd) who spent less time socialising and more time reading.... It sucks and i regret it all

Going lower back to alter the previous does not purely influence me - it may influence everybody around me. If I have been given the activity, somebody else does not have it who in any different case could. and maybe the activity ended up being the worst project that ever occurred to me and that i needed i'm going to have long previous lower back and not had the activity interior the 1st place. no count number what I do or do no longer do, there is often something else that i will do or no longer do because of the fact the end results of our strikes at the instant are not constantly surely predictable. A ignored threat - i'm going to sigh and press on, never lacking what i did no longer have, taking exhilaration in what I do have, and making plans for what i want next.

No you cant have prom again. But you are definately not the first person to miss prom. So get over it. Start the good memories now.

I think it would help you to read Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach. It sparks something in a person besides anger, which tends to be your problem.

Today really is the first day of the rest of your life - make things happen from now!

We never really change, we only become more, and more of who we really are.