University of Oregon or University of Washington?

I'm majoring in psychology, but I want to take a lot of science-oriented courses, because I love behavioral neuroscience. I want to go to a university that provides me a great education to prepare me for graduate school, but I don't want to be too stressed out with competing against peers.I'm more laid-back and "earthy." I'm not a "partier." I've lived in a lot of different states, so I'm well-cultured. I'm into snowboarding, surfing, and live indie/punk music. I'm Christian, but open-minded and accepting towards others, so I'd like to go somewhere where people don't shoot me down. If you have any other recommendations besides these two colleges, that would be great as well!

Thanks so much :)

• Davids
    Best Answer

You are majoring in Psychology but you say you are a Christian?

What's wrong with this picture?

James 1:8 "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."

Didn't you notice that following Christ (he is alive you know) and Psychology can't be done. That verse, James 1:8, is the only common denominator between the two "ologies."

Do your homework first before calling yourself a Christian and majoring in Psychology.

1. Sigmund Freud, (1856-1939) “The Future of an Illusion.” Garden City, N.Y.: Doubleday,

1964.

2. Sigmund Koch, ed., Psychology: A Study of a Science (New York: McGraw-Hill, 1959-1963).

3. Sigmund Koch, “Psychology Cannot Be a Coherent Science,” Psychology Today (Sept. 1969).

4. Karl Popper, “Scientific Theory and Falsifiability” in Perspectives in Philosophy, Robert N.

Beck, ed. (New York: Holt, Rinehart, Winston, 1975).

5. Thomas Szasz, The Myth of Psychotherapy. Garden City: Doubleday/Anchor Press, 1987.

6. Thomas Szasz, The Myth of Mental Illness. New York, N.Y.: Perennial Library, 1974.

7. Bernie Zilbergeld. The Shrinking of America: Myths of Psychological Change. Boston: Little,

Brown and Company, 1983.

8. Carl Rogers, quoted by Allen Bergin, “Psychology and Religious Values,” Journal of

Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 48, p. 101.

9. Christopher Lasch. The Culture of Narcissism. New York: W. W. Norton & Norton Company,

Inc, 1979.

10. Martin and Deidre Bobgan. PsychoHeresy: The Psychological Seduction of Christianity.

Santa Barbara, CA: Eastgate Publishers, 1987.

11. E. Fuller Torrey. Witchdoctors and Psychiatrists. New York: Harper & Row Publishers, 1986.

12. Christina Hoff Sommer, Dr. Sally Satel. “One Nation Under Therapy: How the Helping

Culture is Eroding Self-Reliance. St. Martin's Press, 2005.

13. Dr. Tana Dineen. “Manufacturing Victims: What the Psychology Industry is Doing to

People.” Constable and Robinson; New Ed edition (September 27, 1999).

14. Dietrich Bonhoeffer. “Voices in the Night.” Zondervan (July 1, 1999.)

MORE RELATED FREE EBOOKS:

http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/bksonline.html

AND LOTS OF RELATED (FREE) INFORMATION ON THESE:

http://www.mediaspotlight.org/

http://thenazareneschool.com/resources

Do not waste your time and money on a degree in Psychology.

Few Psychology grads ever make it to graduate school and a PhD. Many end up working for Taco Bell.

Unless you are scholarship material to pay tuition, it is best to attend an in-state public university, especially for a degree with poor career prospects such as Psychology.

The U. of Washington is via a strategies the greater proper college for laptop technology. Plus you're an in-state resident, so it is going to keep you hundreds of greenbacks to bypass to college at Washington vs. Oregon. in case you % to journey life in Portland, evaluate an internship or summer season activity there. or in simple terms relocate there after commencement.

• Washington is better in rank. its a called public ivy league school for a reason! very good rep. it was also ranked to have the best campus. its has high ranks for everything!