Should I be bitter and resentful?

Every time high school comes to mind, I remember all the bitter memories. I was the outcast, the outsider, the shy, nerdy kid the jocks bullied and the girls ignored.

And we all know that prom is an essential part of a person's teenage years. Well, I got to attend prom because a few good friends (cool, popular people who really thought I was worth it, not like the jocks and hot cheerleaders who treated me bad) took me with them.

But I didn't get to ask a girl out. Didn't even get to dance--I was just there, out our table. Alone. They all came with dates. And there was no one in the room I could ask to dance.

Come to think of it, though, I asked this girl named Stacy to dance. So that wasn't so bad.

But I sometimes feel bitter and resentful and want to go back in time and change my prom experience (and I wish I wasn't treated so bad).

Note: I forgot to clarify--the dance with Stacy happened in senior year (not junior year, when I went with a group of friends).

• Carl P
    Favorite Answer

Waste of time. Move on and if any of the jerks walk into the lake, remember not to throw them a rope.

I don't know, but I didn't even go to my prom. The reason doesn't matter.

The good news is all those bully boys and girls really DID peak in high school. Especially the ones who, when they went to college the next year, they even bullied people in college. I know because I was the one they bullied. Then when I got my first job they did it THERE. Or tried to. I got a different job, b/c I was going to be blasphemed before putting up with it every day for the rest of my LIFE. That's just nuts.

And I'm almost positive that not a damn one of them is truly happy nor has any idea if the friends they have are there b/c they like them or just want to be with someone popular.

They'll die not knowing who their true friends were if they spend the rest of their lives acting like they did in high school.

• kerby

you may have an inclination to come across the main bitter are going to be the main vocal on a talk board inclusive of this. Out interior the international, there are probable the comparable "adult males are pigs" and "women folk are b*tches" attitudes among the two genders. it must be greater "socially" appropriate for a woman to degrade adult males in public that's why you may have heard it greater many times.

• ?

Yes. You should feel bitter and resentful about high school all you life . Until you start living your real life, that is. High school was nothing but a hazing. Your real life starts now.

Don't dwell on the past. Be proud of the present and excited for your future.

• Naguru

Yes.

Source(s): own
  • TedEx

What good does it do????