Korean Help -- With reading Korean Drama Titles' flowy writing?

So, I can read hangeul, though I'm not too fluent. However, when it comes to making out the titles of most Korean dramas...count me out. I can read sentences and grasp words pretty quickly, but I think the way the titles are written in a flowy, non-generc way makes them impossible to read. The best way I can explain is how some people can only read print and not cursive. The way the letters look different from the original way - is it just me?

I want to know if anyone else has this problem, and if someone can go through the non-generic shapes of the letters in titles, that'd be great!

Thanks in advance!

Can someone try and go through some of the shapes?

Favorite Answer

Some of the shapes are described by Hyunwoo Sun in this video:

http://youtu.be/y0mEUWSk32M

Youtube thumbnail

To practice on your own, I recommend using YouTube karaokes. For instance here is a really popular wonderful song called 그것만이 내세상 (you may recognize it, it was covered by Kim Jaejoong during DBSK concert tour) http://youtu.be/Aomt_cCNXO0

Youtube thumbnail

If you go to some YouTubes lilke this and just look through all of the songs, you'll find many with more "cursive" style of Hangeul. It should help you speed up.

To begin with, what are you speaking about, "the secret backyard" was once a tremendous hit, in literature and movies! Secondly, I do have some recommendations for you. A few years ago I bumped into the equal hindrance; i like myth literature, however the story lines are at all times crap! A pair books i have really enjoyed are "Byzantium" via Stephen R. Lawhead. It's an outstanding novel, it is historic fiction and now not delusion, however it's written in an extraordinarily myth esque variety and might go for that style. However this e-book is about 900 pages, so it can be now not for a 'mild' reader. A further book that I enjoyed far more than I used to be expecting was once "Firstborn" by means of Paul B. Thompson and Tonya C. Cook. It's the first publication in a trilogy known as "The Elven countries". Nevertheless, the primary ebook was once by means of far the great within the trilogy and would have worked as a stand on my own. This e-book is not relatively as extremely written as "Byzantium", however it's still superb and the ideas/plot line/character development are very good finished, a long way better than most myth books I've learn. This guide can be very brief, handiest about 300 pages so it can be excellent for a gentle reader.

I had that problem before, but now it's fine, I can identify the syllables in the titles, I just think you need to get used to it.. It's like when you're trying to read someone's handwriting, when they're writing kinda fast.