Proactiv dried out my skin & it burns..?

I used proactiv for 2 days & it dried out my chin & made it very sensitive & it burns nonstop & is very red. I've tried every type of moisturizer I own & antibiotic cream & it just sinks in & doesn't help at all?! & to top it all off, I can't even put foundation there! Can someone please help me?!

Favorite Answer

Proactive is not for everybody. I know they advertise the crap out of it almost like you feel it's the only thing that will cure your acne, but tbh, it's an overpriced treatment that works for some people. Clearly, your skin is too sensitive for it since it reacted in 2 days already. Stop using it immediately because you might just end up making your acne worse if you use something that irritates your skin. There is a reason why dermatologists don't really prescribe proactive. Everybody's skin type is different so if one friend can use it, it doesn't mean that you can. Personally, I can't use it either. Talk to a dermatologist and start experimenting with different topical creams. Also, purchase a good oil-free moisturizer to prevent dryness and itchiness. Since you have tried 'every moisturizer you own' and all that, just stop. Everything you put on your skin right now will just irritate it. In situations like these, sometimes it's best to just wait it out. I know it's stressful because it looks red and it's irritated but you just have to play the waiting game and then go to a dermatologist.

• Emma

With the cleanser, use just a small amount of it and apply it very gently, for no more than 15 seconds.

The treatment, don't overdo it... a little more than a peasize amount (put that on your finger and then dab it lightly on all of the affected areas of your face) and lightly massage it in.

There is a lot of benzoyl peroxide in both of those products so you have to use them lightly. If you have the toner, I would skip that for awhile as that was what was really drying in that kit for me. Again, be gentle with it! It is a very abrasive system if used incorrectly. And even if moisturizer doesn't seem to help, use it anyway just to be on the safe side.

Stop using it immediately and get some raw honey and apply there. Stay the F away from any of those chemicals if you want to cure your acne which i assume is what you used it for.

Almost eliminate sugar to around 20-25g a day. it's a main culprit for acne. Drink good amounts of water as well. I'll bet your acne would go away.