promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What has happened or is happening to the Senior Citizens category?

There are just 14 questions in 24 hours. Are the trolls still pulling down a section that once was very popular with SC's?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Simple questions and answers, that do not violate any rules, are getting TDs or violation notices. I used to come here and find several question asked within the last hour. Some of them were 'do you remember such and such a tv show', I'd answer yes I did and when I get back I would have a TD. I'm going 'are you kidding?' I just stated I remembered the show, I am a senior after all. Why would anyone want to TD me for a simple answer.

I've noticed this on another category I visit and it's forced many to leave. It's questions are getting to be like this site. I think many other categories are seeing the same thing. YA may find most of its members leaving and have to shut down soon unless they do something fast.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

So sad. I answer a question and then like to check back later to find out how others have answered. Too often I find that a perfectly good question has been deleted. This category used to be so enjoyable.

Right now, only 2 members are needed to report a question, and then it is deleted for a violation. I feel that number should be raised to 5, as I suspect someone with 2 accounts can report a question and have it deleted. Wonder why that gives them pleasure. Is it a sense of power?

• aj
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

The trolls seem to be reporting answers to questions and then reporting questions. For some reason they are targeting the seniors.

• Dave M
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

All I can say I seem to have a troll on my butt - sure been turned in allot - have asked Yahoo to take a look at my answers and tell me where I went wrong. Not complaining know all the regular in the Senior category and who have been at this answer game a while have and are going through the same thing - best to all. (sure plays hell with free speech)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Baw
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

It's been this way on and off since I've been hanging out here. The other day I was targeted and everything I answered 3 days back was violated.

• Snid
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

We are being targeted. I've had 9 violations in this category in the last 36 hours and one question in this category reported.

Later I will be appealing the violation I get for this answer.

• Power
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, 9 out 10 times I get a violation notice when I write anything here. It seems that yahoo has allowed a competitor to ruin their site. I have found other sites to spend my time rather than give so much here.

I used to really work at asking questions that were uplifting & fun & would get us all thinking. Y/a either doesn't appreciate this or they have allowed a competitor to control what goes on here & they don't know.

• daisy
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Yes, the regulars have fled for parts unknown and new accounters have moved in.

• Yes,it's hard to ask and answer questions when most of them will be removed.

• Peggy
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Yes Bert, that is exactly what is happening.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.