What has happened or is happening to the Senior Citizens category?

There are just 14 questions in 24 hours. Are the trolls still pulling down a section that once was very popular with SC's?

Favorite Answer

Yes. Simple questions and answers, that do not violate any rules, are getting TDs or violation notices. I used to come here and find several question asked within the last hour. Some of them were 'do you remember such and such a tv show', I'd answer yes I did and when I get back I would have a TD. I'm going 'are you kidding?' I just stated I remembered the show, I am a senior after all. Why would anyone want to TD me for a simple answer.

I've noticed this on another category I visit and it's forced many to leave. It's questions are getting to be like this site. I think many other categories are seeing the same thing. YA may find most of its members leaving and have to shut down soon unless they do something fast.

So sad. I answer a question and then like to check back later to find out how others have answered. Too often I find that a perfectly good question has been deleted. This category used to be so enjoyable.

Right now, only 2 members are needed to report a question, and then it is deleted for a violation. I feel that number should be raised to 5, as I suspect someone with 2 accounts can report a question and have it deleted. Wonder why that gives them pleasure. Is it a sense of power?

• aj

The trolls seem to be reporting answers to questions and then reporting questions. For some reason they are targeting the seniors.

• Dave M

All I can say I seem to have a troll on my butt - sure been turned in allot - have asked Yahoo to take a look at my answers and tell me where I went wrong. Not complaining know all the regular in the Senior category and who have been at this answer game a while have and are going through the same thing - best to all. (sure plays hell with free speech)

• Baw

It's been this way on and off since I've been hanging out here. The other day I was targeted and everything I answered 3 days back was violated.

• Snid

We are being targeted. I've had 9 violations in this category in the last 36 hours and one question in this category reported.

Later I will be appealing the violation I get for this answer.

• Power

Yes, 9 out 10 times I get a violation notice when I write anything here. It seems that yahoo has allowed a competitor to ruin their site. I have found other sites to spend my time rather than give so much here.

I used to really work at asking questions that were uplifting & fun & would get us all thinking. Y/a either doesn't appreciate this or they have allowed a competitor to control what goes on here & they don't know.

• daisy

Yes, the regulars have fled for parts unknown and new accounters have moved in.

• Yes,it's hard to ask and answer questions when most of them will be removed.

• Peggy

Yes Bert, that is exactly what is happening.