I needed a tire rotation, could this have caused me to speed in my car due to a shaking wheel etc.?

• Phil M
    Favorite Answer

Vibration will not "go away" at different speeds. Changing speed only changes the frequency of vibration till it matches what the car can absorb so you don't notice it. Shaking wheel can only be caused by something out of balance, or out of round such as a bent wheel. Have them balance your wheels when they rotate. If the shaking goes away. it was the balance, not the rotation that fixed it.

No it will not cause you to speed, your right foot and lack of attention causes you to speed.

Yes on the car wheel vibrating or shaking though, out of balance tires will cause that, and a ballance/rotation will usually correct the problem, unless something mechanical is wrong in the steering.

• there is no link. you sped on your own accord. the shaking should be a separate issue.