What type of TEFL/TESOL do I need?

I am asking this question specifically in regards to China visa and job requirements. I have a BBA in International Business and Economics (2009), a second BBA in Management and Finance (2010), and my MBA (2012). I also have 1 year of teaching experience (university level economics) and I have been an private... show more I am asking this question specifically in regards to China visa and job requirements. I have a BBA in International Business and Economics (2009), a second BBA in Management and Finance (2010), and my MBA (2012). I also have 1 year of teaching experience (university level economics) and I have been an private English language tutor for 4 years. I am very interested in teaching English in China, but nearly every company and school wants some sort of TEFL/TESOL. I have seen courses ranging in length from simple 40 hour online courses to 160 hour courses that include classroom teaching. Does the specific certification I choose matter? Will my employer even care what type of TEFL/TESOL I have or do they just want the piece of paper that says I have one?
Update: I am specifically looking at jobs in Guangzhou. I have many friends there.
Update 2: Also, I am not looking for any programs that I must pay for. If you were looking at jobs in the US would you pay them to allow you to start working for them? A work Visa is only $140, so anyone asking for more than that is just trying to make a profit.