Building a house where no permits/inspections are required. (please see details)?

I am building a house in an area where no permits or inspections are required. There is no gas line here, and no sewer. I can wire it legally myself with no permit or inspection required as well. You may not believe it, but it is true. Anyway, my question is who would I hire after building the shell (no... show more I am building a house in an area where no permits or inspections are required. There is no gas line here, and no sewer. I can wire it legally myself with no permit or inspection required as well. You may not believe it, but it is true.

Anyway, my question is who would I hire after building the shell (no insulation, drywall, plumbing fixtures, or wiring installed) to give me a piece of paper certifying that it was built to to the commonest minimum standards recognized in my state? Is there such a thing as a freelance building inspector?

I ask this question because I want to do everything I can to insure that the house has the best resale value it can possibly have. Building it properly is what will happen. I just need a reputable professional witness to it, and a document certifying it. I already know who to hire to inspect and certifying that the wiring is good. Thanks.
1 answer 1