RPGS/JPRGS For the PS2/Xbox360?

I'm really into Rpgs/Jprgs. But I seem to have played quite a few now. I'll list all the games that I have played.

Persona 3

Kingdom Hearts

Final Fantasy X (and x-2)

Persona 4

Shadow Hearts 1,2,3

Dark Cloud (1&2)

Lucifer's Call

Final Fantasy 12

.Hack series

Kingdom Hearts 2

Dragon Age Origins

Oblivion

Skyrim

Fable 2,3

Star Ocean- The last Hope

Lost Oddessy

Final Fantasy 13 (and 13-2)

Enchanted Arms

-

I tried the Diesga for the ps3 and couldn't stand it so i'm wondering if the ps2 versions are a lot better? I didn't like eternal Sonta (The cute overtones nearly destroyed me so I quit playing), I really want to play Suikoden 3 and 4 but I'm worried that I won't understand what's going on.

Also I just wanted to point out that i live in the UK- which is very annoying particularlly when one of the games I always wanted to play was Tales Of The Abyss (which is released on the 3DS over here which I can't afford).

I also have a DS and PSP- and while some RPGS are okay- none except Crisis Core and Persona 3 Portable have really jumped at me.

Anyway thanks guys :D :)

Favorite Answer

It's hard to give you a list of these RPG games, in estimate their is 110 listed RPGs on the PS2 alone

For Suikoden I haven't played it but I believe they are seperate stories just like the Tales Series and Final fantasy.

Their is DragonQuest VIII for PS2 it one of the best in the series. Though voice overs rough and static. In DS you can get III IV, Joker, and Joker 2, of the series which are real great as well.

You could try the Drakengard Series.especially if you looking for a good Hack and Slash game and I love the story of it. Though I war ya it is a very dark game.

If you played both Series of .Hack// (the Original IMOQ and G.U.) then my bad, but haven't played the one of the other I seriously say you play it.

Their is also the Wild Arm Series, which is almost like Final Fantasy, except it is more Western Based (cowboys and indians like) then the semi Medieval / Steampunk games like FF. Really it is a fun series, has lots of good things and can give. 3 is like a normal Turnbase but 4 and 5 has Hexagon feild which makes the games unique to fight in.

If you want a more sutle game, you could try the Champions of Norath and CoN: Return to Arms. Its more slashing game but it is also a multiplayer RPG which is rarely seen. Getting a friend over and both of you can create a character and fight.

Xenosaga series is pretty much one of the best jrpgs for PS2, if you haven't gotten it you missing out a bit. Its real fun, very much like Final Fantasy as well, but it is more Sci-Fi then it.

If you like Star Ocean Last Hope, then you would like Star Ocean: Til End of Time which I heard is one of the best of the series (I sure like it). It has a nice story and some good plays. It's real fun.

Then if you want more tactical, their is Disgaea and Disgaea 2, which is a fun game, where you make characters and fight. Also one based of it with the removal of grid system Phantom Brave which is also a great game.

Their is more I could give you Eternal Sonata, Radiata Stories, Records of Argarest War, Breath of Fire, Neir, etc. but running out of space to talk about them.

• sashi

I've constantly been a PS man. The PS2 is fantastic for fee and the WII is cool but aimed toward younger youngsters, I believe. Even though the controller takes some getting used to, the xbox 360 rocks graphically. My buddy has one and speak to of responsibility four blew me away. Subsequently i will must decide upon between PS3 or xbox360. I'd with ease say xbox 360 if it weren' for the sh*tload of ps2 games I nonetheless wish to play. Might simply must hook up 2 gaming techniques and grasp each controllers. XBOX, I hate to say, does have the upper hand for older avid gamers.

The best rpg you haven't mentioned is Tales Of Vesperia, its a jrpg about a boy named Yuri Lowell whose town has had its magical crystal stolen from the towns fountain. You can buy it at shopto.net for under £22 or under £20 at hut.com or zavvi.. shopto will deliver next working day for free. Xbox live marketplace has it for £14.99 i think.

Also jrpg Blue Dragon which was made by MistWalker director Hironobu Sakiguchi the creator of final fantasy and Lost Odyssey. Also a good jrpg - Infinite Undiscovery.

Western rpg Borderlands 1 & 2 is a shooter/rpg hybrid best played in co-op made by Gearbox software. Dragon Age 1 is ok, the game kinda plays itself which is kinda annoying. BioWares Mass Effect trilogy are great action/sci-fi rpg's, Dragon's Dogma made by capcom its pretty good. If you want best searching lists of rpg's on wikipedia also there are quite a few tales games Tales (series) on ps2.

Source(s): Used to own the games ive mentioned and referenced wikipedia.

You listed Dragon Age Origins, but you didn't list Dragon Age 2. If you haven't played the second one, it's a pretty good game. I also recommend Tales of Vesperia. I also hope you know that there is a Tales of the Abyss on the PS2. It was just ported to the 3DS.

Edit: Nevermind, I just read your last sentence. My bad!

• Jenova

you only listed 2 Shin Megami Tensei games (Persona 3 and Persona 4), so I say play more of them.

for the PS2 there's Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, Digital Devil Saga 2, and Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. The Soulless Army. there is a second Devil Summoner, but it wasn't released in your country. :/

for the DS there's Strange Journey, Devil Survivor, and Devil Survivor 2. they only came out in Japan and the US, but the system and games are not region locked, so you can buy a US copy and play it in your system.

for the GBA (since the DS has a GBA slot) there's DemiKids: Light Version, and DemiKids: Dark Version. again, only released in Japan and the US, but not region locked.

Source(s): I own and have played every game I listed and I love them all. I even own the 3DS SMT games.