Back and rib pain due to corset, permanent damage to my body?

Hello, today I had to wear a corset for an event, and I had the person I got it from tie it up for me and everything and I went to the event that lasted almost 6 HOURS and my ribs and my back (oddly only on the right side of my body,) were KILLING ME and I'm scared that it'll cause permanent damage because... show more Hello, today I had to wear a corset for an event, and I had the person I got it from tie it up for me and everything and I went to the event that lasted almost 6 HOURS and my ribs and my back (oddly only on the right side of my body,) were KILLING ME and I'm scared that it'll cause permanent damage because when the corset was taken off it still hurts especially in my back. I've worn a corset before but it was one of my own and my ribs did hurt a little bit but I didn't wear it as long but that's what's worrying me: Where I wore it so long could I have damaged my ribs? They told me I'll be fine but I think they're just saying that so I'll do it again haha. Help?