Are the United States untouchable?

i was watching a video of one of the member of the Medellin Cartel who is serving a 30 years sentence or something like that. On one of the interviews in prison he said "Nobody can touch the US, they are something serious" and this was coming from a guy who was a terrorist-killer associated with Escobar. They destroyed the system in Colombia and controlled about 80% of the cocaine business, they were powerful. It surprise me he said the US are untouchable...

Why? because of the Army?. This was the same people that were planning the assassination of Bush father. Bush father was going to visit Colombia in January of 1990 but the El Mexicano who was planning the assassination got snitched by his main bodyguard and killed by the police a month earlier.

if a powerful/terrorist man wouldve wanted to destroy the US you guys think it would be possible? i mean...its difficult but not impossible, but i think someone can hire an large group of scientist, make an underground lab, and start from there.

i think the US does a good job preventing new characters from getting too powerful thats why they have keep the untouchable status imo....what do you guys think about the US being untouchable

Update:

build*

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bob B
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The US at the moment is more or less untouchable. Thee are a few reasons for this:

* Government resources- this includes the army, but also police and security services. These are sufficiently well-resourced in the US that terrorist and criminal groups can't pose a significant threat to their integrity. In some countries, the government is not very well-resourced, and terrorist and criminal groups have signficant resources of their own, so can fight the government on an equal or semi-equal level. This is, however, not true of the USA.

* Public support for the system- while not all US citizens like the current government, most of them are loyal to the existing democratic structure and way of life. This makes it difficult to overthrow, as any would-be revolutionary would be facing a hostile population, not just a hostile government.

As for a terrorist setting up an underground lab and stuff like that- that might be a good plot for a James Bond movie, but it isn't a plausible situation in real life. For one thing, most scientists don't work with anything that could be used to make weapons or bring down the government, and most of them would have no interest in doing so. Even for those that did, the resources and equipment needed to do so would be enormous, and most of them are very hard to get ahold of. For instance, suppose you want to make a nuclear bomb- only a few institutions have access to the very complicated scientific equipment needed, and nuclear material is even harder to get access to. You wouldn't be able to get it yourself without people noticing and asking questions.

• 8 years ago

I'm not sure what he meant. Perhaps he meant it can't be bought. Local authorities can but national ones are watched too closely by too many people.

One problem is there are too many self reliant people still here. Although the majority have become little children in adult bodies, essentially "sheeple," many aren't. If the national and/or state and/or local government fell apart people would immediately organize, restore order, and begin again.

Our tradition isn't from kingdoms or tribes of people like most of the world. We began only 400 years ago as scattered units of disparate communities and isolated families in essentially a wilderness. We put it together under lesser technology with mostly illiterate people. It will come back together faster with an educated society and the knowledge of high technology.

It's also a rather vast land and pretty difficult to conquer, particular when citizens have 200 million guns. The governments want to drastically reduce that number so they can commit more crimes against the citizens and not be arrested by them.

Source(s): For decades I studied philosophies, cultures, and social institutions. I began that because of confusion resulting from my military experience under the shadow of neo-Marxist anti-military and anti-capitalism indoctrination in the universities. I continue a forty year quest wading through the huge pile of stinking crap a wide variety of bigots dumped on top of truth hiding it from nearly everyone's view. The pile was made by blaming people they don't like while excusing people they do like regardless of where the fault really lies.
  • Gazza
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

No country is untouchable. It's shared intelligence and cooperation between countries like the USA, Britain and Canada that keeps terrorism to a minimum.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

If you are using untouchable in the context of the indian caste system, then yes, it is untouchable

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.