Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 8 years ago

(Muslims only) Why cannot Muslims unite?

Given the fact that we have some many common points as put below:

"Your Creator, Owner, Object of Worship, and Provider is one and the same for both of you; thousands of things are and the same for you. Your Prophet, your religion, your qibla are one and the same; hundreds of things are one and the same for you." (23rd letter, Risale-Nur Collection)

Now, what makes us fall apart so deeply at some points. I am looking for your common sense answers which would not create another separation.

@xpatinas: You should apologize from me, because I am a Muslim asking a question to see what other Muslims think. There is not an iota of hatred in me against Islam in which case I would be shooting at my feet.

Favorite Answer

Answer:

1. Muslims should be united

It is a fact that Muslims today, are divided amongst themselves. The tragedy is that such divisions are not endorsed by Islam at all. Islam believes in fostering unity amongst its followers.

The Glorious Qur’an says:

“And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves;”

[Al Qur’an 3:103]

Which is the rope of Allah that is being referred to in this verse? It is the Glorious Qur’an. The Glorious Qur’an is the rope of Allah which all Muslims should hold fast together. There is double emphasis in this verse. Besides saying ‘hold fast all together’ it also says, ‘be not divided’.

The Qur’an further says:

“Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger”

[Al Qur’an 4:59]

All the Muslims should follow the Qur’an and authentic ahadith and be not divided among themselves.

2. It is prohibited to make sects and divisions in Islam

The Glorious Qur’an says:

“As for those who divide their religion and break up into sects, thou hast no part in them in the least: Their affair is with Allah: He will in the end tell them the truth of all that they did.”

[Al Qur’an 6:159]

In this verse Allah (swt) says that one should disassociate oneself from those who divide their religion and break it up into sects.

But when one asks a Muslim, “who are you?”, the common answer is either ‘I am a Sunni, or ‘I am Shia’. Some call themselves Hanafi, or Shafa’ee or Maliki or Hambali. Some say ‘I am a Deobandi’, while some others say ‘I am a Barelvi’.

3. Our Prophet was a Muslim

One may ask such Muslims, “what was our beloved prophet (pbuh)? Was he a Hanafi or a Shafa’ee, or a Hambali or a Maliki?” No! He was a Muslim, like all the other prophets and messengers of Allah before him.

It is mentioned in Chapter 3 Verse 52 of Al Qur’an that Jesus (pbuh) was a Muslim.

Further, in Chapter 3 Verse 67, Al Qur’an says that Ibraheem (pbuh) was not a Jew or a Christian but was a Muslim.

4. Qur’an says call yourselves Muslim

a. If anyone poses a Muslim the question who are you, he should say “I am a MUSLIM, not a Hanafi or a Shafa’ee”. Surah Fussilat Chapter 41 Verse 33 says

“Who is better in speech than one who calls (men) to Allah, works righteousness, and says, ‘I am of those Who bow in Islam (Muslim)?’ ”

[Al Qur’an 41:33]

The Qur’an says “Say I am of those who bow in Islam”. In other words, say, “I am a Muslim”.

b. The Prophet (pbuh) dictated letters to non-Muslim kings and rulers inviting them to accept Islam. In these letters he mentioned the verse of the Qur’an from Surah Ale Imran Chapter 3 Verse 64:

Say ye: “Bear witness that we (at least) are Muslims (bowing to Allah’s Will).”

[Al Qur’an 3:64]

5. Respect all the great Scholars of Islam

We must respect all the great scholars of Islam, including the four Imaams, Imam Abu Hanifa, Imam Shafa’ee, Imam Humbal and Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on all of them). They were great scholars and may Allah reward them for their research and hardwork. One can have no objection if someone agrees with the views and research of Imam Abu Hanifa or Imam Shafa’ee, etc. But when posed a question, ‘who are you?’, the reply should only be ‘I am a Muslim’.

6. Some may argue by quoting the hadith of our beloved Prophet (pbuh) from Sunan Abu Dawood, Vol. 5 Hadith 4596. In this hadith the prophet (pbuh) is reported to have said, “My community will be split up into seventy-three sects.”

This hadith reports that the prophet(pbuh) predicted the emergence of seventy-three sects. He did not say that Muslims should be active in dividing themselves into sects. The Glorious Qur’an commands us not to create sects. Those who follow the teachings of the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith, and do not create sects are the people who are on the true path.

According to Tirmidhi, Vol. 5, Hadith 2641, Abdullah ibn Amr narrated that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said, "My Ummah will split into seventy-three sects. All of them are in the Fire except one sect”. He said: "And which is it O! Messenger of Allah?" He said: "What I am upon and my Companions.”

The Glorious Qur’an mentions in several verses, “Obey Allah and obey His Messenger”. A true Muslim should only follow the Glorious Qur’an and the Sahih Hadith. He can agree with the views of any scholar as long as they conform to the teachings of the Qur’an and Sahih Hadith. If such views go against the Word of Allah, or the Sunnah of His Prophet, (pbuh) then they carry no weight, regardless of how learned the scholar might be.

If only all Muslims read the Qur’an with understanding and adhere to Sahih Hadith, InshAllah most of these differences would be solved and we could be one united Muslim Ummah.

Because of the ignorant people and greedy governments.

Not all of them of course, but most of them. If you look to most of the governments you'll see how theyre spending all the country's money on them selfs, as it was their money.. instead of steeling it they can use it to help other helpless countrys that need money more than anything else.

Overall, Muslims are united already, but Muslim goverments are not yet.

As Prophet Muhammad (saw) said about the judgement day signs that many government will be corrupted, and of course he was right.

Muslims are united, to the same extent as Christians. Your post makes your bigotry and hatred obvious.

I agree with you that All Muslims should be united as there are many things in common, but our Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) mentioned that there would be 72 sects which people will make due to ignorance and misunderstanding.

Common sense and religion. Wow, its been a long time since Ive heard theese two words in one sentence.

• hobby

More commonly seeing that the Quran tells the Muslims to hate the Jews. Here you may have the one faith recognized to man in which a brother rapes a sister, and then to preserve the household honour he murders her. Or the lady's mother murders the daughter to defend the loved ones's honour. The holy Quran tells us to not be pals with Jews or Christians: Sura 5:51: "O ye who think! Take now not the Jews and the Christians for your allies and protectors: they are but allies and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guideth not a men and women unjust." Now there may be an answerer here who has told me that i lie and that I suck. I fear that that is the strategy utilized by Muslim apologists who've run out of logical arguments. I cannot insult him. The Quran speaks for itself. In any case, the Quran prescribes slitting the throats of unbelievers: Sura forty seven:4: "as a consequence, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in combat), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have entirely subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: except the battle lays down its burdens. Consequently (are ye commanded): but when it had been Allah's Will, He might definitely have exacted retribution from them (Himself); however (He allows you to battle) in order to experiment you, some with others. However those who find themselves slain in the way of Allah,- he will certainly not let their deeds be lost."

• Baby

When it is about hatred towards other religious beliefs, Muslims are united.

Only love unites. Therefore, when it is lacking the rest falls apart.

Good question