Want to be a good qb but need help.?

So here's the thing I'm 5"9 200 lbs. And I've always wanted to play qb for a football team. Now I know I'm to small and short but I trust in my self and I think I could do it. I've always been big into football even when I was little I've watch football all the time and was a big troy aikman fan. And now when I don't work I sit at home and all I do is watch the nfl network and play madden. (Football is my life). I know a lot about football plays but never played it in school. They said I was to short and need to play another position and I just leave. I really want to join my collage football team and I've been practecing. I've been throwing the football for hours until my arm is num. And I'm. Working out to get into really good shape( I want to gain 10lbs). So here's the question. Before I go up to the coach next year I want to be ready. What should I do? How to practice for it. What exersice to do. what plays should I practice so I won't look stupid. What should be my goal to be a decent qb at collage. Use to play soccer so I got running legs and fast movements. Also baseball(pitcher) so I have an cannon and I can reach 50 yards. I know its not far but its good and please I'm not trying to join the nfl so please don't say that I can't do it cus I'm short or un experience

Favorite Answer

Study film. I also watch a lot of NFL Network and they break dozen a lot of plays. Learn the playbook, learn defenses (so you can read them), and work on throwing with receivers to developed chemistry. The difference between Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning was off the field. If you show up the most prepared and studied the coaches will take notice and be impressed. Go get it man!

Source(s): Huge football fan