Pennsylvania laws between an adult and a minor dating?

Im 16 years old, and my girlfriend is 14 years old. I was born on may 5th, 1996. And her on january 29th 1999. We live in Pennsylvania. When I turn 18 will there be any issues in our relationship legally? And if so, what do I need to do to insure that it will not be illegal in any way? Thank you for you help. Im not looking for people to freak out or judge me, its a simple question and i just ask for a link to the info or the info its self. Thank you again for your help.

Also, sorry if this is in the wrong category, i never know where to put these.

I added our birthdays so that you may do calculations if needed, i know Pennsylvania has a 4 year age difference thing. I would figure this all out myself but i need to know soon and my brain isnt working at full speed right now.

• Betsy
    Favorite Answer

The information below is from Wikipedia:

Pennsylvania

The de jure (in name) age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16 years of age for sexual consent, but a corruption of minors statute against adults corrupting the morals of minors under 18 years of age exists which makes the de facto (in fact) age of consent in Pennsylvania 18 years of age. However, the corruption of minors statute only applies to perpetrators 18 years of age and older, so it is legal for minors 16-17 to have sex with each other but not with a partner 18 or older.

Teenagers aged 13, 14 and 15 may or may not be able to legally engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 4 years older. Such partners could not be prosecuted under statutory rape laws, but may be liable for other offenses, even when the sexual activity is consensual.[77]

Under Pennsylvania law, a defendant is strictly liable for the offense of rape, a felony of the first degree, when the complainant is 12 or younger. Pennsylvania has enacted several other strict liability sexual offenses when the complainant is under 16, but 13 years old or older.

§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.

Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.

§ 3125 Aggravated indecent assault

(7) the complainant is less than 13 years of age; or (8) the complainant is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other. (b) Aggravated indecent assault of a child.--A person commits aggravated indecent assault of a child when the person violates subsection (a)(1), (2), (3), (4), (5) or (6) and the complainant is less than 13 years of age.

§ 3123 Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse

(7) who is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and person are not married to each other.

When the alleged victim is 16 or older and less than 18 years of age, and the alleged offender is over the age of 18, the Commonwealth may charge the offense of corruption of minors or unlawful contact with a minor, even if the activity was consensual:

• elsie

The regulation is anyone 18 or older might date somebody sixteen or 17 yet will possibly no longer do something sexual with them or that's statutory rape..None 18 years of age or older might date anyone 15 years of age or youthful. do no longer hear to dontchuwi.. till you choose your boyfriend to pass to detention center. My cousins chum became sixteen having intercourse with an 18 year previous and he became arrested, that they had have been given jointly some months in the previous he hit 18.