Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 7 years ago

Healthy vegan/vegetarian dinner ideas?

I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow. I need healthy dinner recipes for 2 weeks. My mom is trying to lose weight and I'm a vegetarian. Any healthy dinner ideas that can easily be made with meat for my dad and sister? Thank you <3

Favorite Answer

Do I have dinner ideas- you bet I do!

Spelt pasta ois very healthy- yopu could make that with an organic, healthy tomato sauce (add your own oniopns, mushrooms, peas, whatever)?

A stirfry with bok choy, bell peppers, beans, peas, carrots, sea weed, tofu, in olive oil with some green curry paste added?

Shirakiku (elephant yam) noodles are low carb, high fiber and very filling- you can make them in a coconut milk base with veggies of your choice

brown rice tortillas with yves veggies ground, daiya cheese, lettuce, salsa, guac, cucumbers and onions?

veggie burgers (gluten free options are available) on whole wheat bun with a pickle, sprouts, tomato, lettuce, veganaise and dijon mustard?

Ginger carrot soup with a nice vegan curry on wild rice?

pan fried tofuy in hot chili oil with green onions, peas, corn and guacamole to dip and peanut satay sauce?

A large bean salad (check out various black bean south western bean salads with corn, avocado, black beans, tomato, cilanto,. etc- they pair well with pan fried tofu!)

Steamed green beans or edamame, boiled peas with olive oil and home made yam or sweet potato fries (if you get veganaise and add chiplotle sauce you get chipotle mayo!)

Brown rice pasta with various tomato sauces (you can make your own or buy a healthy version like Paul Newman's brand)

Field greens salad with tamari almonds, peas, onions and strawberries and a strawberry vinagrette sauce?

Slow cooker vegan chili (texturize vegetable protein or soy ground beef, soy beans, white navy beans, kidney beans, chicpeas, green peas, tomatoes, chili pepper, garlic and other spices? With pan fried naan and garlic olive oil to dip?

Delicious sweet potato lettuce wraps with spicy dipping sauce?

Many vegan cheese slices (made with soy) will also melt and taste great, so if you add them to tortillas you can make quesadillas?

You can have southwestern rice and means and make a Lousiana style gumbo with a vegan meat substitue instead of the sausage or chicken.

Sweet potatoes and yams are MUCH healthier than regular potatoes, but you can make allo your old faves with them... mashed sweet potatoes with homemade vegan cravy, sweet potato fries, scalloped sweat potatoes. Etc. Have a large, nutrient dense salad withlots of healthy fts (avocados, olives and olive oil, coconut oil, walnuts and raw almonds), eat slowly, etc...

Almost anything you like with meat has a vegan alternative and with the internet you can find almost any recipe. Like brownies? Try vegan black bean brownies sweetened with agave or coconut sugar or pureed banans- high in fiber and nutrients and relatively awesome for you, and apparently they taste awesome, You can also try an avocado based chocolate mousse (generally avocado, liquid stevia, silken tofu and cocoa powder are the ingredients- the end result is a delicious, creamy chocolate mousse.,.. you can also make fresh fruit sorbet with a blender and frozen berries and fruit and liquid stevia... garnish with mint leaves.

Check out the work of NY doc, Joel Fuhrman and the book The Ultimate PH Solution.

Believe it or not, it is still relaitvely easy to eat junk food and gain weight on a vegan diet- avoid processed, overly salted food and replace your regular salt with himalayan or celtic sea salt (naturally orange and grey, respectively) which are processed differently and contain many essential alkaline minerals.

Best of luck to you.

Really... the world is your oyster. Check out the library for vegan recipe books for ideas. I could literally list meal ideas all night, but I don't know what you really like. Also, check out the book

I'm a freshman and having the same problem vegetarian lunches! I've come up with a few ideas that I use myself: Salads are obvious, mine usually involve a spring mix, italian dressing, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and toasted almonds. YUM! I've also tried a toasted bagel with cream cheese and a variety of vegetables (whatever works really, whatever tastes good to you!) Some celery and natural PB to go cups is yummy! A sandwich involving some lettuce, faux deli meat, mayo, and cheese on whole grain bread is healthy and good, but be careful with the meat slices and bread if you're worried about carbs! The kind of bread I get advertises as 45 calories (which its obviously more because of two pieces but whatever!) All of these things sit in my locker for 5 hours before I have lunch and everything is fine by the time lunch comes around, so you shouldn't have to worry about it! Have an awesome Senior year (:

• Nicole

If you want to eat truly healthy, lose body fat consistently, normalize your blood pressure, cholesterol levels, prevent cancer, and even boost your brain health and energy levels, you may have heard all over the news that the Paleo Diet has been found to be one of the best methods of achieving all of these benefits compared to any other popular "fad" diets out there. Go here https://bitly.im/aMjfQ

The truth is that the Paleo Diet will never be considered a fad because it's just simply the way that humans evolved to eat over approximately 2 million years. And eating in a similar fashion to our ancestors has been proven time and time again to offer amazing health benefits, including prevention of most diseases of civilization such as cancer, heart disease, alzheimers, and other chronic conditions that are mostly caused by poor diet and lifestyle. One of the biggest misunderstandings about the Paleo Diet is that it's a meat-eating diet, or a super low-carb diet. This is not true

Delicious black bean hard tacos!

1 pack of hard shell tacos

1 can Black beans

1/2 can corn

1/4 cup of chopped jalepenos

2 tbs. taco seasoning

1 cup sour cream (or vegan sour cream)

1 tsp chili powder

1 tps garlic

salt and pepper to taste

-And if you need a meat substitute in there I suggest

Yves taco crumbles they are just like the real thing!

Toppings

3 cups shredded lettuce

1 16-oz. container prepared salsa

1/2 onion chopped

2 large tomatoes, diced (1 cups)

2 avocados, diced (about 1cups)

1 cups shredded cheese or daily shreds (vegan).

First heat oil in a sautee pan over medium heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute more, or until fragrant. Stir in beans, corn, chili powder, half of the taco seasoning, Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 5-10 minutes, or until most of liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.

Mix together the remaining taco seasoning and the sour cream (or vegan sour) and spread it on the bottom of the taco shells.Put a little of fresh chopped onion and jalepenos onto the sour cream in the bottom of the shells.Than put your bean and corn mixture ontop of that than top with your favorite toppings: lettuce, cheese (or vegean cheese), tomoato, and avacado.

My favorite last step with these tacos are La Victoria taco sauce!....Soo good but if not top with some salsa!

-Goes great with any leftover black beans on the side

Hiya Madison.Check-out the website redirect HERE