Do you think YOLO is a stupid idea?

I mean, people are using the belief that they only live one to justify doing stupid things. But if you have one life to live, why end it early by taking risks that aren't worth taking?

[I wonder what Buddhists think of YOLO.]

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I think some stupid kids are taking its meaning a little out of hand. Yes, you do only live once. Yes, you should do some wild things. No you shouldn't purposely put yourself in danger because yolo.

• Login to reply the answers
  • ?
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Kinda. If I was younger I would think it's really stupid. But I guess they're trying to say that you should live life to it's fullest. Now that I realize how short life is, I don't really disagree with them... Good to keep on the safe side though...

• SP
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Because it's better to die young for something, then to die of old age without having anything done in your life.

That's the philosophy behind "yolo".

Of course dumb teenagers don't know this. They just say yolo because it's funny.

• Purple
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

theres both advantages to it and disadvantages.

depends on how wisely you use that term.

for example: i'm going to complete my university degree because YOLO.

or i'm gonna go take every drug thats known to man because YOLO.

those that use it stupidly are Idiots

those that don't Aren't

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

No she's right. Enlightenment is the goal, now not reincarnation. She could suppose in reincarnation as good, as Buddhists frequently do, but Buddhists don't focal point their life on reincarnation, as an alternative they focus it on enlightenment, which breaks the cycle of reincarnation.

• ?
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Yes. I like to respond to YOLO posts with YODO (you only die once). Sounds equally as stupid. :)

• Ella J
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Carpe Diem for idiots

• 7 years ago

It's an OK idea, but like so many expressions ("LOL", "carpe diem", "24/7", "age is just a number", etc), it's WAY overused.

• 7 years ago

Yes.

• Feivel
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Often the way it is used, yes.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.