Do you think YOLO is a stupid idea?

I mean, people are using the belief that they only live one to justify doing stupid things. But if you have one life to live, why end it early by taking risks that aren't worth taking?

[I wonder what Buddhists think of YOLO.]

Favorite Answer

I think some stupid kids are taking its meaning a little out of hand. Yes, you do only live once. Yes, you should do some wild things. No you shouldn't purposely put yourself in danger because yolo.

• ?

Kinda. If I was younger I would think it's really stupid. But I guess they're trying to say that you should live life to it's fullest. Now that I realize how short life is, I don't really disagree with them... Good to keep on the safe side though...

• SP

Because it's better to die young for something, then to die of old age without having anything done in your life.

That's the philosophy behind "yolo".

Of course dumb teenagers don't know this. They just say yolo because it's funny.

• Purple

theres both advantages to it and disadvantages.

depends on how wisely you use that term.

for example: i'm going to complete my university degree because YOLO.

or i'm gonna go take every drug thats known to man because YOLO.

those that use it stupidly are Idiots

those that don't Aren't

No she's right. Enlightenment is the goal, now not reincarnation. She could suppose in reincarnation as good, as Buddhists frequently do, but Buddhists don't focal point their life on reincarnation, as an alternative they focus it on enlightenment, which breaks the cycle of reincarnation.

• ?

Yes. I like to respond to YOLO posts with YODO (you only die once). Sounds equally as stupid. :)

• Ella J

Carpe Diem for idiots

It's an OK idea, but like so many expressions ("LOL", "carpe diem", "24/7", "age is just a number", etc), it's WAY overused.

Yes.

• Feivel

Often the way it is used, yes.