.

Why do I prefer the art style of manga over american comics?

First I wanna state that I read both manga and comics. Even though american comics tend to be drawn realistically, something about the simplicity of the style in manga is much more appealing to me. I honestly prefer the story-line in comic books but I rather much prefer the drawing style of manga. Which is odd to me because my personal drawing style is much more similar to american comic books, but manga suits my "taste". Does that make sense? I'm trying to figure out what it is about the essence of manga that seems to be more "lively" compared to comic book characters with boring expressions (at times). How do manga characters express such emotive facial expressions without being redundant in details? How does the manga artist do that?!

Favorite Answer

More clean cut and smooth

Source(s): GioSolo

I think that the elegance of manga is that it is slightly exaggerated facial and body expressions. It gives manga a special essence that is not found in other types of art. The facial expressions tend not to have many lines and does not focus on realism. I find manga also doesn't always focus on the facial expression, but also on the body movement or position. Sometime the lack of emotions displayed clearly is another way of expressing great feelings, one just has to imply. I also think that in general reading manga is very similar to watching anime, which gets us more familiar with the art.

I like manga better because the characters and scenes are drawn better. The plot and character development of manga is more complex and interesting. Most American comics I've read are meant to be funny, and they don't have an on-going story line.

American comics seems more computer generated to me, that's why i love Manga. Japaneses Manga is so freely drawn and is full of expression.

Do you like henti? ;-)

Charlotte

Awesome Metal Bands.com

• Ever heard the phrase "Different strokes for different folks"? The Japanese style vs the American style is a subjective matter many will agree with you, many will disagree.

No one will know why you prefer one over the other only you know that.

Hey! We're alike. I don't know why, but i think it's because of the storyline, maybe? But that's just in my opinion. The other reason might be because they are draw perfectly. I mean, they look perfect. I don't know myself either, but i like manga more. And again, those are my reasons. Might not be true, but eh!

I think it fulfills that, un-realistic void in us. We like I because it's abnormal, unlike American made comics, resembling us in a way. All a matter of preference, and I'm with you on it.