Why do I prefer the art style of manga over american comics?

First I wanna state that I read both manga and comics. Even though american comics tend to be drawn realistically, something about the simplicity of the style in manga is much more appealing to me. I honestly prefer the story-line in comic books but I rather much prefer the drawing style of manga. Which is odd... show more First I wanna state that I read both manga and comics. Even though american comics tend to be drawn realistically, something about the simplicity of the style in manga is much more appealing to me. I honestly prefer the story-line in comic books but I rather much prefer the drawing style of manga. Which is odd to me because my personal drawing style is much more similar to american comic books, but manga suits my "taste". Does that make sense? I'm trying to figure out what it is about the essence of manga that seems to be more "lively" compared to comic book characters with boring expressions (at times). How do manga characters express such emotive facial expressions without being redundant in details? How does the manga artist do that?!