Weird beeping sound out side at night in 3 am?

I was sleeping and my mom woke me up saying do you hear that or im tripping out and it was real beeping it was a repeatly beep like beep beep beep then 2 seconds later same thing i didnt wanna look outside but with my hearing it sounded like it was by my window then started going somewhere else like someone playig music and walking away and this kept happening for like 10 mins then i knocked out it was a soft low beep with the pattern i recently stated. I know for sure it wasnt in my mind or my smoke detector. And it possibly cant be neighbors smoke detectors because the sound wouldnt like walk away . so im really curious what is it

• John W
    Favorite Answer

Was it trash day? Large trucks and some cars have backup warnings installed and beep when in reverse, trash trucks also beep when compressing the trash or picking up the trash cans with the lifts.

Usually that beep is your POST. It is letting you know that your BIOS has checked your memory, hard disk, and processor, and that it can now boot. If it beeps more then once, it usually that means there is a problem. Most motherboard manufacturers include a listing of what the beep sequence means. An example would be on long beep and two short beeps would mean that the RAM is bad. You would have to reseat the RAM, or replace it with another module. If you don't have that list, you might be able to check for it on the motherboard manufacturer's website. I hope this helps solve the problem.

Oh, one more thing, I highly recommend, when ever you decide to troubleshoot your pc, is put a copy of Feels So Good by Chuck Mangione on the record player. Chuck's music is always smooth, crisp, and refreshing.

Source(s): Feels So Good by Chuck Mangione

The exact origin is still a mystery. But it is real, you are not hearing things. I've been hearing the same noise periodically for a few years while at multiple houses and even while driving. Recently its been almost all day. Faintly in the distance, always from the other side of the house or across the valley. Sometimes loud clear and distinct but quickly distances itself from you. Last night I noticed it very clearly beeping from the yard not more than 20 feet away. Once i was actively listening the source of the sounds zipped away across the valley to its usual ambiguous spots. I have no idea what the source is.

Dude... I have the same exact thing. Today at 3am i heard this beeping 15 second intervals. I looked every where inside no alarms going off, i go upstairs to go to sleep, my window was left open and i hear the beeping the loudest.. I look out side beeping seems to be off to the right, but def the loudest beep coming from out side. But at 3am its is creepy as hell to go out by ur self at my house living next to the woods. So i slowly shut my window and light turn on my fan and pray for a angle to protect me from the possible killer drone outside. Well tonight may be round to. Maybe il have to break out the guns and go outside. Anyways shoot me a email if ur still having same issue with beep

i was going nuts too its a beep you hear outside and then it fades, not beeps from stuff inside it is Home land national security!!! by government freaky

• ?

The roadrunner was playing a prank on Wile E. Coyote.

If I were you, I would check your window. Don't be scared to. If you don't find out what this noise is quick it would keep going on for a while.

Source(s): Hope this helped ;)

Schizophrenia bro!!!! No, j/k. Maybe one of your friends is playing a prank on you.

maybe something scary