Ps3 vs Xbox 360 gaming only.?

Ok to start, I've had ps1 and ps2 I hated the original Xbox, but as for ps3 vs 360 I think the Xbox is better, forget paying for multiplayer, blu ray ect, lets focus on gaming alone. What do you ps3 lot think? A lot of 360 users were ps1 & ps2 players like my self, are there any ps3 users that favouird original Xbox over ps2? I have both consoles (ps3, 360) but although I don't like to say it I do think the 360 is better than ps3, so to all you ps3 users, what is your honest oppinion? And do you have both consoles? Witch console do think will be the best next time( ps4/720) round? I think ps4.

So I'm not looking to start console wars, just to hear opinions on what ps3 users genuinely think about their console ( that I was so let down by) and the Xbox 360

Favorite Answer

The PS3 and Xbox 360 are both really great systems.

A tech review website called Techno Buffalo actually did aOFFICIALial Console Wars. There were 12 rounds, and the PS3 won by only ONE point.

Graphics on both consoles are hard to compare. They are different and unique. The Xbox is either a dual-core or a quad-core- I can't remember. But, the PS3 is single-core, with 7 sub-cores. So it is kind of a 7-core, but not really.

Both consoles have their own exclusive games, but multi-platform games are the most popular. Xbox has Halo, and Gears of War. And Ps3 has Infamous, and Killzone, and others. I am obviously leaving some stuff out, but this is just the basics. Games such as: Call of Duty and others are available for both!

In my opinion, the PS3 is a better system, but the Xbox is a better gamer.

Things like the controller and developers releasing games and map-packs first for the Xbox really make it the overall better gaming system.

But, Blue-Ray and media- such as having and internet browser- makes the PS3 worth more for the money. Sony owns Blue-Ray, so they obviously put the best stuff in their own system!

RECAP:

Ultimate gaming experience, with some media(like Netflix) and developer support = Xbox 360

Ultimate home media system, with good Blue-Ray (and great gaming as well!) = PS3

Opinion: I don't like Microsoft, but the Xbox is still great. It was horrible at release, but it is good now.

For the future: We still have to see what Microsoft has to offer. Sony has announced their PS4, but we don't know if it will fail or not. We still have not idea what Microsoft will bring to the table. I am really excited to see both. I think PS4 has a really good chance of being the popular choice this time around.

Source(s): I have owned both systems and have done A LOT of research.

Xbox 360 games do seem to have better titles that sell a lot of copys. Look at Halo 3 for instance. Or Gears of War. Xbox 360 games also have larger fan bases. Also there are a lot more games on 360. A lot of ps3 games seem to copy 360 games. A short time after GOW came out Ps3 came out with there own little exclusive called Resistance which seemed to be some what of the same thing just set in World War II. This is a tough question because obviously an Xbox 360 fan will say Xbox 360 has the best games and a Ps3 fan will say Ps3 has the best games. I suggest you do some research and look at some game reviews.

Graphics wise multi-platform games are actually written for the xbox and ported to the ps3. This method doesnt take full use of the graphics capabilities of the ps3. However specific ps3 games do look slightly better. Gameplay is exactly the same except for the controller which in my opinion is less ergonomic than the xboxs controller. Ive used both brands of consoles and own both the original and xbox 360. Social gameplay is simply better on xbox live in my opinion, the ps3 network is also less reliable but thats why its free. The ps3 and xbox are pretty different and in I think just overall the xbox is better. As for the next gen consoles its still a toss up, there just isnt enough info yet

ok, i'll bite, nice approach to the Q, its like a Wii, no DVD/Blu-Ray play back, no high graphics, just gameplay...lets do this.

I do have both along with others & my honest opinion is PS3 is better overall, if u think about it really the only edge Xbox has is that they are all modable and u have multiple option on how to mod them.

PS3 just has better games compared to the Xbox 360, I can guarantee that u ask any Xbox 360 player to name u some games they all name the same few games where as the PS3 u would get a lot more answers, even I could name more good games on X360 than an Xbox gamer which says a lot.

e.g.:

Xbox gamers would name these few: Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable (i would go on to name: Alan Wake, Divinity 2, Splinter Cell Conviction to name a few)

&

PS3 gamers would name: God of War, inFAMOUS, GT5, LBP, Heavy Rain, Uncharted, MGS4, Resistance, MotorStorm to name a few. (& i would go on to name the less common ones like 3D Dot Game Heroes, Valkyria Chronicles, Siren Blood Curse, again, only to name a few).

but to tell the truth, all of Halo, Gears, Fable, L4D (ETC) series are not even exclusive, some of them are on PC n every 1 has a PC or a Mac.

a Xbox gamer will say oh we have a better controller & to tell the truth the PS controller is better as u can use an Xbox controller for a proper fighting game, the D-Pad sucks, and when it comes down to it controllers does not matter in term of which console is better as both consoles can use each others controllers.

I could go on but there is no point, and the fact still remains, it doesn't matter, every1 has their preference right.

Depends on what you look at when you see the games. I enjoy the PS3 games more for many reasons.

I do feel that games that are on both consoles are a bit better on the Xbox 360, but, it's really not noticeable.

I have both ps3 and 360, I don't like xbox because I have had many hardware issues with it but forgetting about that and focusing on just the games I still prefer ps3. I find halo boring, probably because I have played all the halo games for many hours. But on ps3 I like killzone, uncharted, and infamous. And I think that first party games on ps3 look better than first party 360 games. I had a ps2 before.

Online play is better for Xbox 360 however the graphics arent as good as ps3

Controversially PS3 has better graphics but the online play has more lag and glitches.....

Source(s): Owner/Player of both

PS3, its free online and apart from Halo PS3 whoops ***. if you don't like the original Xbox then you'll hate the 360.

Source(s): My unique brilliance

if its only for Gaming than the 360 may be a good choice.

For multimedia... PS3 win hands down ( Blue ray, media streaming ETC,)

Ps3 is better, better graphics and all. The ps4 will also be better, better graphics and free live, and they are trying to make it more social able .