Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 7 years ago

Hard drive access sharing?

I have 2 computers running windows 7. One is my laptop and the other is a desktop. I want to be able to access everything on the internal hard drive of the desktop from my laptop and have full editing permissions(delete, write, save, etc...) while not allowing the desktop to access my laptop. Is this possible and how do I do it?

I set it to sharing allowed, and I can look through and copy from the files, but I can't use my laptop to delete them or add to them through windows homegroup and/or network and sharing center. Is that possible?

Favorite Answer

Remote desktop software

i use

www.logmein.com

you make an account, then download/add the computer you want to access, adding a password, then you go to logmein through any web browser (anywhere in the world!) log in, click on teh computer (select 'take control') and you can see the desktop in the browser and use it like your sitting in front of the computer.

the only limitation is that with the free version you cant transfer files between computers (you can if your on the same network, not through the program, but google 'how to share files on windows 7') and the other limitation is the speed of your internet, makes some things not possible because the refresh rate is poor.

• Colin

Right click on each of the drives and click properties, sharing tab, advanced sharing - if you've already set up a network you'll have to have sharing permission whilst trying to access the folders/drives from the laptop and you'll need the password. Because you haven't enabled sharing on the laptop the desktop won't be able to access any files on there unless they're copied to the shared folder.

nicely... It sounds secure adequate. I propose, if somebody somewhat needed your archives undesirable adequate, that's achieveable to bypass a WPA... regardless of the indisputable fact that that's noticeably not likely. additionally, in case you have a login show screen once you start up your laptop, i think of once you attempt to get entry to the hard disk remotely, you're triggered to flow into the password.

Im so glad you asked this question