i know someone committing benefit fraud?

i know someone committing benefit fraud they have their partner living with them for a year and half and are on benefits. i know her name and her partners and the area she lives in but not the exact address. will this be enough information and how long does it take for an investigation to take place.

Favorite Answer

These people are stealing from everybody who pays tax, report them. If you have their names it should be enough. There is no set time for an investigation. The DWP have an anonymous fraud line.

If you really want to pursue this go to the social service office and tell them what you know. Honestly an investigation may or may not take place it all depends on where you are and who you talk to. Reporting it once is enough though honestly. Do not let other people get you down benefits are there to help people and when someone is not honest about it than it takes away from a child who does need the benefits.

everyone knows someone on benefits who are commiting fraud in one way or another. whats it to you anyway - they will get found out eventually !?

you cant report them if you dont know the address have u any idea how many have the same name for instance -

• Pindar

Being a grass is not a nice thing to be. leave them alone, they aren't hurting you.

EDIT for the people who think it's fine to tell tales. You're living in la la land, NO it's not your taxes - period. Have a look at a benefit claimants bank statement and SEE where the money is transferred from before you spout bull. It's paid from their own national insurance account, it's their own money and it's a very small part of their account as national insurances accounts held by the treasury are huge. This is because a bond is set up at registration of a person's birth and it's all to do with currencies no longer being backed by gold and instead being backed by people.

A single person over 25 gets 71 quid a week to feed, clothe themselves, pay water, gas, electricity, tv license etc etc. How could could that person survive without committing benefit fraud ? I'd bet you couldn't.

Meanwhile politicians steal 20 years of benefits payments in one year of expense fraud and banks rob the country senseless.

Get your priorities right people, go after the real criminals, not some struggling family whose had their livelihood stolen by economic incompetence and are just trying to make a few extra bucks to survive.

I repeat being a grass is not a nice thing and I pity you if that's what you aspire to

EDIT FOR JAMES 16 trillion in debt - you must be American. NONE of your taxes goes to welfare, absolutely zero. Over 99% of income taxes in the US go straight to the fed to pay the interst of that debt. Public expenditure is funded by more borrowing from companies/banks which are legally allowed to just create money. You should get your facts straight before applying to be a nazi collaborator.

• Yes, that should be enough. Report them immediately, and they should be investigated within a month. Benefit fraud is a federal crime and a serious thing, effecting anyone who pays taxes.

BS to those repliers who believe that committing fraud is fine. We are $16+ trillion in debt and we don't need scammers, fraudsters and cheats stealing money from taxpayers especially if there is someone in need who may not be getting help because of criminals who commit welfare fraud. I'll turn in every one of them I see.

I encourage you to do the right thing and report the crime. Theft by fraud is still theft. If you saw someone burglarizing your neighbor's house you'd call the cops to catch the criminals and this is not much different. Report them.

The Government have been screwing us over for centuries..so why grass these people up!!.. mind you're own business and remember this - snitches end up in ditches!!..and you're going the right way about ending up there!!

• MYRTEL

I'm sure there must be a politician or two, out there somewhere, you can shaft.

I pay tax - you can pretend she is using my tax if you want. I dont mind.

I dont condone fiddling but if you or anyone else want to shaft someone go for the powerful and leave the poor alone.

Why don't you mind your own business?