Alex asked in Arts & HumanitiesPoetry · 8 years ago

Is Leonard Cohen Married?

I'm doing a research paper on the poet Leonard Cohen, but I could not find if he's married or not. Also does anyone have a few cool facts about him? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Leonard Cohen lived at Hydra, Greece in 1960 with Marianne C. Stang Jensen Ihlen (born in Norway 1935), and the song "So long Marianne" was written to and about her. Their relationship lasted for most of the 1960s.

Cohen had a relationship beginning in the 1970s with the Los Angeles artist Suzanne Elrod, with whom he has two children: a son, Adam, born in 1972, and a daughter, Lorca, born in 1974 and named after poet Federico García Lorca. Adam Cohen began a career as a singer-songwriter in the mid-1990s and fronts a band called Low Millions, while Lorca took the part in her father's tour team during the 2008-2010 world tour as photographer and videographer.

She also shot Cohen's video for the song "Because Of" in 2004, while her "Backstage Sketch" was included on Cohen's 2010 DVD Songs from the Road. She has directed and shot video clips for The Webb Sisters and Kamila Thompson. On 2 February 2011, Lorca gave birth to a daughter, Viva W. Cohen with biological father Rufus Wainwright. Lorca is raising the child.

Cohen has said that "cowardice" and "fear" prevented him from ever actually marrying Elrod. Elrod took the cover photograph on Cohen's Live Songs album and is pictured on the cover of the Death of a Ladies' Man album. She is also the "Dark Lady" of Cohen's 1978 book Death of a Lady's Man. Cohen and Elrod split up in 1979.

"Suzanne", one of his best-known songs, refers to Suzanne Verdal, the former wife of his friend, the Québécois sculptor Armand Vaillancourt, rather than Elrod.

In the 1980s, Cohen was in a relationship with the French photographer Dominique Issermann, who shot his first two music videos for the songs "Dance Me To The End Of Love" and "First We Take Manhattan." Today Issermann is most famous for her photo sessions with Carla Bruni and for her fashion photography for magazines like Elle; in 2010 she was the official photographer of Cohen's world tour. Her photographs were used for the covers of his 1993 book Stranger Music and his album More Best of Leonard Cohen and for the inside booklet of Cohen's 1988 record I'm Your Man (which is dedicated to Issermann with words: "All these songs are for you, D. I.").

In the 1990s, Cohen was romantically linked to actress Rebecca De Mornay. De Mornay co-produced Cohen's 1992 album The Future, which is also supposedly dedicated to her with an inscription which quotes Rebecca's coming to the well from the Book of Genesis chapter 24 and giving drink to Eliezer's camels, after he prayed for the help; Eliezer ("God is my help" in Hebrew) is Cohen's Hebrew name, and Cohen sometimes referred to himself as "Eliezer Cohen" or even "Jikan Eliezer."

Bottom line: there is no evidence that Leonard ever got married to any one.

Leonard Cohen Wife

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is Leonard Cohen Married?

Source(s): leonard cohen married: https://tr.im/eIRhY
  • Dinesh

Leonard Cohen has never been married, although he does have two children. In the 1990s, he enjoyed a lengthy relationship with Rebecca De Mornay, a beauty 25 years younger than him.

"Cool" facts:

http://www.artistfacts.com/detail.php?id=2840

http://exclaim.ca/News/five_noteworthy_facts_you_m...

Many people steer away from DSLR cameras because they feel daunted by the range of technical capabilities that these seemingly complex cameras offer, but in actuality, learning to use a DSLR camera is simple when you are supported and guided by the expertise of a professional photographer. Go here https://tr.im/X5Ukz

This highly practical course will teach you the technical skills needed to operate a DSLR camera correctly, as well as help you to apply these skills in practice. In addition, you will receive feedback from a professional photographer and fellow aspiring photographers through a supportive and unique online learning format. The course offers an exciting opportunity for individuals wanting to explore the world of digital photography, improve their picture-taking abilities and produce high-quality photographs, whether for personal or professional pursuit.

Suzanne Elrod

• jared

1

Source(s): End Times Prediction http://givitry.info/EndTimesProphecy/?1mlA

My brother in law knows the Cohens and refers to LC and his wife. More than that I can't say.

Only in his poetry:

"My Wife and I"

My wife and I made love this afternoon. We hid together from

the light of our desire, forehead to forehead. Later she asked me,

Did I taste sweet for you? Dear companion, you did. This evening

I watched with pleasure as she undressed and put on her flannel

pyjamas. I held her closely until she went to sleep. Then I closed

the light and left the room carefully and I came down here to you.

no