Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 7 years ago

Conservatives, are you happy with the confirmation of Hagel for defense secretary?

Just asking cause I was not familiar with him. Thanks.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/defense-secreta...

• Bob W
    Favorite Answer

The Democrats have the votes to put Hagel in. He said that the State Department was owned by the Jews. He also made homophobic remarks about a leading ultra-rich gay Democrat James Hormel of Hormel foods. Hagel seems to be anti-Semitic but the Jews in the Democrat Party probably march in lockstep with the leadership so I think that Hagel will be confirmed. He will be the token Republican in the White House so they probably picked him because he is an outcast in the GOP. You would think that they would put a Democrat in at Defense, wouldn't you?

I don't think conservatives or liberals is an issue as it's a democrat republican issue. I'm not happy cause I know he's being used as the president's puppet and will get the blame as a republican when things go wrong. Right now we need a knowledgeable, experienced person in that seat. I'm really puzzled at the presidents figuring in this.

• Jeff D

No, he seemed woefully unprepared and not qualified. His previous positions on Israel and the Jewish Lobby are disturbing.

Worse, it seems that Hagel lied to the Senate. He did not supply information that he promised to provide during his confirmation hearings.

• Tigger

I have never heard of him.

After I looked him up, it doesn't look like he had much of a military carreer, only one year in the army, though he was a Sergeant.

They aren't over in the Political forum. Its really sad.

• Jamie

no he is just another fool like pelosi reid and obama..