Blise asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Is this a puppy scam?

So, I'm in the market for a puppy. I saw a picture of a Pomsky(Pomeranian Husky Mix) and instantly fell in love with it. I love Husky's, but my home is too small for one. I did a lot of research and could not find a breeder anywhere in my area. And breeders I did find (I would have to ship the puppy), the waiting lists were insanely long.

I gave up on the dream of having a Pomsky. One day.

*Before you go saying "there's no such thing". There is. Google it. Arctic Design Pomskies and Apex Pomskies.*

Anyways, I came across the Alaskan Klee Kai and fell in love again. To my luck this time, there were many breeders I could find.

I was just doing research yesterday and found an ad on puppyfind and emailed the breeder to ask some questions. All I was emailed back was that the pictures were recent on the ad (which the pup is said to be 9weeks when it was posted but now it should be 2months), that the puppy was 3lbs and about the size of the cat. Then they went on to say if I was interested they could ship this puppy to me this week, but if that didn't work, I would have to wait till they were at the airport again. They didn't ask about payments or anything.

I'm pretty sure this is a scam. I'm not looking to buy this particular puppy, but I would like to save others from being scammed.

Here's the ad:

http://www.puppyfind.com/view_listing/?list_id=k4s...

Thanks!

Best Answer

Thanks for posting up that information on a scam.

Making a scammer's scam googlable on every scam-warner-anti-fraud-busting site you can find is a great way to slow that scammer down when a suspicious potential victim goes looking for information, finds your post containing the name the scammer is using, his email address, phone number and the emails themselves and then that potential victim does not become a scam victim because you took the time "get the word out".

Wasting a scammer's time legally and safely is called "scambaiting". If you google that word, you will find sites where you can read scambaits, post up the emails and email addresses of scammers, post up a fake website, read up on how to alert a hosting company that they are hosting a fake website, ask questions and learn all about the hobby of scambaiting.

Since that scammer intended to steal your money, he did not give you his real life information. All you have is one of his fake names, one of his free email addresses, one of his fake stories and one of his paid-for-in-cash cell phone numbers. None of that information is going to help your local law enforcement agency track down that anonymous scammer sitting in a cyber cafe half way around the world from you.

First off, there is no real breed called a "pomsky". It's a mutt, plain and simple, with no predictable outcome. They may have the size of a husky, but the yappy and "big dog" attitude of a pomeranian, which is frankly a frightening idea, or they may have the size of a pomeranian and the stubborn destructive nature of a husky. Also a frightening idea. No matter how you look at it, breeding a husky/pomeranian is a very bad idea and NO reputable breeders will ever attempt that cross. Only puppy mills and BYB's do.

Secondly; you should be very skeptical of any Alaskan klee-kai breeders outside of Alaska. It's not impossible to find a good one yet, but as AKK's are relatively rare dog breeds there just aren't many true breeders in the lower 48.

Also, they claimed the puppy was 3 pounds. Even for a toy breed, that's very tiny. 3 pounds indicates poor breeding, a runt, or a puppy that's not even weaned yet. There is definitely something very fishy about the breeders discription,

Ask what club the pups are registered to, a red flag answer would be "AKC" or "none". AKC does not recognize AKK's, but UKC does.

Upon reading the article, it may not be a scam, but it sure as heck aint a good breeder. They aren't breeding AKK's, but mutts, and poorly breed ones at that. You can find a better quality small dog at the local shelter for a cheaper price. Since they are breeding Shiba/AKK mutts, the fact they claim the dogs are "champion sired" only gives further hints that they are indeed scamming.

Source(s): Here is a site with more reputeable AKK breeders: http://www.alaskankleekaiscam.com/buying-an-alaska... If you're looking for Florida breeders, there's the Chinook Winds and Southern X Roads Alaskan Klee Kais.
  • Ama

Of course there is such a thing as a "pomsky" but they're mutts. They are not a breed. Just a mixed breed that is popular because of it's looks and it's health, genetics, coat type, everything about it is unpredictable. Plus, since 'breeders' of these dogs are only doing it to make money-they don't care about the dogs they're breeding or the puppies produced.

The litter you're interested in is another mixed breed litter. It's a "Alaskan Klee Kai / Shiba Inu"

litter those are two different breeds. $800 is a lot to pay for badly bred dogs. When you can get puppies of the same quality in your local shelter/rescue.

Look on petfinder.com for puppies of the Alaskan Klee kai near you. Or find a REPUTABLE breeder(they won't advertise on websites like that, or sell in pet stores or any classified site/paper)

Here's a breeders directory: http://www.akkaoa.org/breedersdirectory.htm

Make sure the breeder does genetic testing, other health testing, temperament testing, etc and aren't over breeding dogs. This page shows the different between a BYB and reputable breeder: http://www.boxermap.com/reputablebreeder.html

Ama is right for the most part but almost all Klee Kai postings on those pet finder websites are scams.

You will never find a true Klee Kai on any of those kind of sites. AKK Breeders do just fine running their own sites and typically will have a wait list for obtaining a puppy.

The Alaskan Klee Kai Association of America (AKKAOA.org) is very strict on how their members breed this dog, and it is never suppose to be bred with other breeds, especially with Shiba. In fact the original person who started the breed did not want any Shiba Blood in the line.

Please see: http://www.alaskankleekaiscam.com/about/akk-mixes/

You will also never see a Klee Kai up for adoption on any of those websites. Breeders or the AKKAOA run their own rehoming/adoption, in fact if you buy a Klee Kai from them and decided later that you need to put it up for adoption, you are suppose to return to the breeder for a proper rehoming process.

The problem with a Pomsky, they are way too new. There hasn't been enough time for them to build a foundation and you are in complete darkness in terms of health problems. And mix breeding like that can lead to unknown health problems.

Klee Kais have not been around that long either (in fact they are just now celebrating their 25th anniversary). They are much more professional about how they care and report health problems (they have a nice site where you can check the family tree of your puppy and get health updates on their relatives). In fact breeders have to go though tons of tests and examinations before their dog can be allowed to breed.

I would not trust any Klee Kai Breeder that is not on their members list. And if you find a Klee Kai puppy for less than 1200, it is highly likely that it is a scam.

Please see more at akkaoa.org

Source(s): Own a Klee Kai (did years of research before deciding on getting one)

They are the same pics, same flowers, same backgrounds etc that I see on Gumtree a lot, which are a scam, there are no puppies. Whether Grandma Noodle is a scam or really has puppies and is just using the same stock shots, I've no idea. If I'm going to be out all day my dogs used to go to my mum's house which I called Doggie Daycare, but she has 9 dogs there now (6 are hers, one is a short term foster and two are long term fosters), and I don't want my dogs in that environment, so I just don't go out for that long unless they can come or my son is home to take care of them. I do provide doggie daycare on a limited basis though - I'm a dog walker and do home dog boarding as well.

If the puppy is only 3lbs at 9 weeks it sounds either severely under nourished or is a runt that may develop major health problems

Never let anyone ship a puppy to you - go pick up from the breeder. Find a cheap flight and see where the dog has been raised then bring the pup back with you as your hand luggage. It's going to cost you more to ship the dog by air than to buy a round trip ticket to pick up the puppy from them

Shipping by air is going to cost you over $800 and you can get a round trip pretty much anywhere in the US for less than $800

First off a dog mutt or purebred is worth what a person is willing to pay for it. That means a lot of mutts are expensive, and that's fact.

I wouldn't buy from them because they have not provided enough information. I am a AKC Siberian Husky breeder. I have a website and facebook and many ways of being traced. If your going to spend money it's always better to error on caution. I do not offer shipping because I do not live near a airport and because my dogs are so awesome I don't have to lol..

If your not wanting to enter your dog into showing and need to have full breeding rights why not look for a free one. Look in your local paper, local classifieds online, shelters, ebayclassifieds, oodle.com. Now that is search for free dogs!! You can't get scammed out of your money if they are free. Just make sure to meet anyone at a public place like a mall or walmart.

A Japanese Zen Backyard is a backyard that utilities simplicity and different theories of ‘cause and impact‘ , employed to boost rest and tranquility. Zen Gardening is a great way to get involved in the garden and nevertheless really feel relaxed , stress totally free and closer to nature. If you are interested in make one for you then the best area to understand how is this https://tr.im/PB3vz , Ideas 4 Landscaping guidebook.

Ideas 4 Landscaping will save you funds and give you the choices that you would otherwise not uncover. With his database , you'll really be capable to make the "dream home" landscape you've constantly wished to have.

they are just poorly bred, over-priced Mutts. No reputable breeder breeds mutts, so most likely these are the "products" of a BYB. there is no such thing as a "Pomsky" either. they are just a poorly bred mutt, "designer pooch", the product of a BYB.

dont be fooled by the "pomsky", "labradoodle", "teacup chihihaha" or "cockapoo" etc, as these are all over-priced mutts, the product of a irresponsible breeder, otherwise known as a BYB. Please don't support BYB and avoid these "designer pooches" at all costs.

Source(s): Newfoundland Breeder.

All mutts are scams

Mutts should be no more than 10 US dollars

They aren't a registered breed so no, they don't exist

A mutt of a husky can get as big as a husky anyway

No matter what the other breed is

Mutts are unpredictable

Find a reputable purebred breeder

Source(s): My dogs