Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 7 years ago

Issue with eBay, suspended accounts?

Okay, so I made an Ebay account a month or two ago trying to sell a product...It eventually sold, but I never received a payment to my Paypal account, and so I never shipped the item.

Naturally, Ebay charges a fee for every selling you make, and since I technically 'Sold' the item(s), I have an amount due to Ebay, but I have never paid them.

Now, I got a letter in the mail saying that I have a balance due of $70.24 to I.C. System, Inc, which is a debt collector for Ebay apparently.

The letter has my full name and address on it, but I don't believe they have my social security #. It says that I can pay my bill online by accessing Ebay's website, but that's all. And I'm afraid I don't remember my account information.

What should I do? How much trouble can I get in for not making this payment?

Favorite Answer

Why it would matter or not whether or not they have your Social Security Number is irrelevant.

It sound like you admit you owe the money, and they are giving you the option to pay the account on Ebay's website, so why not go onto the website and pay it. If you can't get into your account, I'm sure that there is someway to contact Ebay so you can get the information.

As far as how much trouble you can get into for not paying, I don't know, but I would imagine that there could be a loss of privileges on ebay as well as possible credit reporting. I doubt that there would be any lawsuit in regards to this.

why did you wait so long.. you should have opened an unpayed item case like days after they never payed.. now thats too late but you might be able to call ebay and tell em you never recieved payment