Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Abbie asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 8 years ago

What is this movie called???

Ok,i watched this last year and i don't remember the name all i remember are a few scenes, if you know what movie im talking about please leave the name in the comments blow.

It was like a woman her husband and her daughter, something happens and they have to move but they have nowhere to live so they are staying in a motel and the mothers horse is staying in the horse trailer. The dad finally gets a job at a stable but a few weeks after he get the job he gets fired or something like that, then he just leaves and tells no one where he is going. So the mom goes to get a job and she saddles up her horse (its a black or brown horse) and she gets the job and the people let her and her daughter stay at a litte house on their land.

I dont remember anything that happens in between these two scenes but like her horse goes blind and so she trains this other horse to be its seeing eye horse while she trains the same horse to do dressage in replacement for her blind horse. And at the end of thee movie she is at a dressage competitionand her husband comes back and hurts the seeing eye horses leg so she cant compete, so now she has decided to compete on her blind horse and after she does she wins the competition.

I dont remember anything else, i hope you know what movie im talking about, i dont remember any names or anything sorry, hope you can help :)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The Long Shot (TV 2004) - Stars: Julie Benz, Marsha Mason and Paul Le Mat

Basic plot:

A woman moves with her husband and seven-year-old daughter from Colorado to California and then her husband abandons them. While trying to rebuild her life, she finds solace while working at a horse farm and decides to enter her beloved horse in a high-stakes riding competition.

Storyline/Review:

Annie Garriet is a young woman who moves with her irresponsible husband Ross and their seven-year-old daughter Taylor from Colorado to a ranch in northern California where Ross abandons them after he fails to land a job. With no money and no friends, and Taylor and Annie's prized racehorse, Tolo, to look after, Annie lands a job at a ranch hand and stable person at a stud farm owned by the stern Mary Lou O'Brien who is hiding some personal demons of her own. Despite Annie's own setbacks in life, she decides to find an outing by entering her horse in a high-stakes riding competition. But when her horse goes blind from a race illness, Annie must struggle with her hardships to put the impossible to the test.

EDIT: Go Blue!

(from a fellow Michigander of Sterling Hts.)

• 8 years ago

The Perks of Being a Wallflower was a spectacular movie. Truly a work of art.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.