I bought a mountain bike today but the saddle is extremely uncomfortable to the point?

it makes the cycling unpleasant. I am now overweight and want to change that so I bought the bike to lose some weight and get fitter. When I was a teenager I loved my bike and was very capable on it. I am happy to say the old saying is true and I rode it easily, no problem there, but it is genuinely uncomfortable... show more it makes the cycling unpleasant. I am now overweight and want to change that so I bought the bike to lose some weight and get fitter. When I was a teenager I loved my bike and was very capable on it. I am happy to say the old saying is true and I rode it easily, no problem there, but it is genuinely uncomfortable and I feel a bit like I am too heavy for the bike? I think I need to adjust the gears but I dont feel at the moment I am going to get much enjoyment from cycling as I feel so uncomfortable in the saddle...any suggestions? Thank you.