What controversy should I write my argumentative essay on about the fast food industry?

We are writing argumentative essays about a controversial topic in my English class from information from Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser and about the movie Food Inc.. Does anyone have any solid ideas that have at least 2 sides to them and are supported with much information? It would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

1. All the fast food joints have healthy options. People cannot be forced to buy them.

2. Some fast food joints are healthier than others (or should we say "less unhealthy"). Try eating off the menu at Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, or Jack in the Box instead of McDonald's, KFC, and Taco Bell

3. Have the joint customize your order. Tell them to leave off the mayo, add a pickle, whatever.

4. Skip the sugar loaded soda. Ask for a glass of water. Very few fast food joints charge for water when ordered with a meal, and I do not patronize the ones that do.

5. All the fast food joints now have "nutrition labels" on the wall or on a place-mat. Look at them.

6. Try eating at a regular restaurant occasionally, or at a salad bar or buffet. This will often be cheaper than the burger, fries, and a soda from a fast food joint.

7. Try bringing your lunch to work or on a road trip. Pack a sandwich, an apple, or a banana and skip the fast food joint entirely.

8. Skip the $6.00 coffee-flavored sugar infused chocolate milk with whip cream at Starbucks. If you want or need coffee, get a real cup of real coffee at a diner or donut shop (and only have one plain donut while there). Or make the coffee at home.

Source(s): old age. When i was working I ate in a lot of fast food joints. the trick is to pick your items and not over-do it. The super-size me movie was totally bogus. I and several people I know have spent 4-6 weeks at a time on the road, but ate in Burger Kings, Dairy Queens, Sonics, and a lot of other fast food joints other than McDonald's, and never had any of the problems he claimed.

Fast Food Argumentative Essay

• Marisa

I think the US needs to develop WikiDepends to stop the Wikileaks