AndrewN34 asked in SportsBasketball · 7 years ago

Will Chauncey Billups make the Hall of Fame?

Best Answer

I don't think he deserves to make it in. His stats and accomplishments put him right on the fence.

But I think he will make it in, because the Basketball Hall of Fame isn't as strict as some other Hall of Fames. Chris Mullin, Joe Dumars, Adrian Dantley, Reggie Miller.. All of those players had similar stats and accomplishments to Billups, and they made the Hall of Fame.

• klavon

Chauncey Billups Hall Of Fame

Even though Chauncey Billups did win the Nba Finals Mvp trophy, I think he doesn't deserve to make the Hall of Fame because that's the only thing He did.

• EN

Believe it or not, if former 1 time Final MVP Jo Jo White gets inducted, Mr. Big Shot will surely be a HOF case - their credentials are quite similar (such as contributions to Team USA and stat line pattern).

The only differences are Chauncey Billups is an impact guy for MORE THAN one franchise - he was the undisputed leader in Nuggets and now the top veteran of Clippers - so is his sturdy defense.

Nobody asks if Mr. Big Shot has once been the best point guard in NBA, and nobody questions if he is unable to give the best PG of the league at that time a basketball lesson at any given night.

Unfortunately not.

Billups was a 5 time All-Star, 3-time All-Nba team, and 2-time defensive team, and won the finals MVP with his championship.

However, he just does not have enough to be considered for HOF. However, he is an amazing player.

• D

I don't think he should. He was never an elite player. I feel the same way about Manu Ginobili. Those guys were a big part of their teams' success, but the HOF should be for the greats, which I don't consider them to be. However, the Basketball HOF is extremely easy to get into, so it's possible.

• rozele

a sprint a attain with Billups. Did he rather lead the Pistons to 6 ECFs, or became he component of a fantastically good Detroit 5 ? i might say it became the 5, no longer purely Billups. very good participant, extremely sensible participant. no longer corridor Of attractiveness, nonetheless. The stats are not there.

If he can win one more on his way out then he definetly will.

Basketball hall of fame is not that strict.

Hopefully he can

I'm a Lakers fan but I still gotta love Mr BigShot!

Maybe, he did win 2004 Finals MVP.