Alice in Wonderland themed bedroom?
1. 1 wall painted with colorful oversized mushrooms, flowers, grass, butterflies, dragonflies etc. Each mushroom and butterfly will have a different pattern. The background color will be light green and the grass would be a couple shades darker. The grass will come up really high and also stay really low.
2. On the opposite wall; a messed up version of the checkerboard pattern. I would hand paint it but make it look like I purposely messed up for a Mad Hatter vibe. I'd paint playing cards with hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds on them on that wall. The background wall would be white, the checkerboard black.
3. The other 2 walls a solid color like light blue.
4. Hang teacups upside-down from the ceiling with fishing line to make it look like their floating.
5. A mushroom foot stool I found on www.modcloth.com.
6. Alice in Wonderland illustration black and white pillow cases I found on www.urbanoutfitters.com.
7. A solid colored comforter, maybe purple.
8. Get some awesome decor. Such as; AIW plushes like a mini Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat, a Mad Hatter hat to place somewhere in the room (on a shelf probably), other little miscellaneous AIW items to scatter around.
I'm going to make a square pillow with pink and purple alternating feather boas to look like Cheshire.
So how does that sound to you? Do you think it would give off a whimsical, AIW vibe? What else should I put in it? Thanks for the input!!