I was told in detox that my BAC was .6. What determines lethality to an individual and why?

Having never been informed of my BAC level, I was unaware of what it meant to have a level of .6. I remember this instance and recall being aware and conversational at the time. I am wondering what determines an individual's likelihood of having a lethal dose. I'm fairly young and am also wondering how... show more Having never been informed of my BAC level, I was unaware of what it meant to have a level of .6. I remember this instance and recall being aware and conversational at the time. I am wondering what determines an individual's likelihood of having a lethal dose. I'm fairly young and am also wondering how significantly my liver might become damaged with regular episodes of heavy binges. As with smoking, is it possible for certain individuals to be resistant to ill effects/damage of alcohol abuse?