10 points! DISK BOOT FAILURE insert system disk?

How do I fix this? I bought the hard drive a long time ago so I don't know if it came with any disk

Is my hard drive doomed and everything lost? How do I fix it please help me I'm freaking out!

i would rather fix this myself but worst case scenario do you suggest I bring it to the computer store or just buy a new hard drive?? Are all my documents gone?????

Favorite Answer

harddrive or laptop ?

keep the broken harddrive once you remove it take it to a data expert and ask them to extract any data from it if they can

if nothing is important on then just bin it

its easy enough to get this done by yourself

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N8...

http://www.amazon.com/Windows-Premium-64bit-System...

http://www.amazon.com/KingWin-Anti-Static-Wrist-St...

if this is a laptop harddrive pm me

have 1 philips screwdriver handy

remove pc plug and turn of the power supply wait 10 mins for it to discharge

remove sides of case put on anti static wrist strap ground self to another metal object or pc casing

remove cables from your harddrive gentle and then unscrew any screws holding harddrive to case keep these screws handy for your new harddrive

once harddrive is removed from slot place in new harddrive keeping yourself grounded reattach new harddrive to case and plug in same wires from old harddrive into your new harddrive

close casing up

and replug your power lead to your powersupply and wall

turn on pc

hit f1 or f10 or delete to enter bios pop in windows 7 disk into the cd drive and then click or search threw the bios to boot from disc

this will start windows 7 up

allow it to installed have your internet connection connected up

once its installed you will be prompted to register your copy with the product key enter this key and click accept or yes etc

then it will verify your copy of windows 7

if it doesnt come up with this

start >> computer system propertys enter the key below if having issue use the auto dial option in other methods

congrats new pc loading time should be much quicker then the old harddrive

• barile

You broke it. And you want anyone who has not noticeable it to repair it. :-)) Are you certain that you've put the cables in the proper manner circular and in the right connector on the motherboard? What does the bios see by way of disks? Does it see the tough disk? Does it see the hard disk on bus zero or bus 1? Grasp or slave? It relatively *will have to* be grasp on bus 0 to work because the boot disk for home windows. If it doesn't see it and the cable is the right way round at each ends then... Something's damaged. If a 2nd tough force didn't fix it... And the wiring is correct... Then it looks like a motherboard failure. Or is the cable damaged? Or did you omit off some thing foremost like the power lead?

You're probably going to need a new hard disk. Sounds like your current disk has failed. Throw a new disk in and reinstall your OS and she'll be running like new. As far as your data, talk to the manufacture and see what they say.