Jobs in the UK for 14-15 year olds?

I was planning on asking around my town for any available tasks for some money, but I don't really know what the law is for jobs under 18 year olds. Also what jobs are available?

My birthday is in June so I'm nearly 15 and live in south Wales.

Help much appreciated. Thanks :) xx

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

It might be worth checking out local independent shops/cafes/restaurants/hotels etc as sometimes they can be more likely to hire 14/15 year olds than the big chains. You could drop in or give them a ring and see if they know of anything going. It can also be helpful to ask any friends you know who are working.

if you want to know more about the law, you can check out this guide for how many hours, and when, 14 and 15yr olds can work: http://www.childrenslegalcentre.com/userfiles/Chil...

For more help with this, you might also want to get in touch with Meic, the information and support helpline for young people which is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:

Telephone: 080880 23456

Text: 84001

IM: www.meiccymru.org

I hope you find what you're looking for.

• 3 years ago

I are living in the UK too and alas you can't work in any retailer like Claires, New seem, Poundland and so on unless you're 16. At 14, you would get a paper round, help around the condo, or i do know you haven't any little kids living near you, however do not you've got any family with young youngsters?? You would offer to babysit them, you could have a jumble sale, start a industry form thing (like for illustration if you are just right at baking truffles, you could bake some muffins and promote them circular your neighbourhood). You've got acquired to use your strengths and be creative.

• 4 years ago

Here you will find a step by step guide which will hopefully give you a better and deeper insight into how it is possible for you to make money from Binary Options trading https://tr.im/ncibW

You will first need to know what exactly Binary Options trading is, whilst this may seem like common sense many people just have a vague idea of what is involved and the exact risks attached to any trade, so make sure you fully understand the difference for example between actually buying a fixed asset and trading in Binary Options as the two could not be more different.

Next you will need to become something of an investigative journalist when you start trading in Binary Options and by this we mean you need to have a nose for a news story that is going to have a dramatic effect on whatever it is you intend to trade, and one way for you to do this is to keep fully abreast of all the daily financial news stories as this is the only way you are going to be able to make an informed decision on the movement of any Binary Options you are trading.

• !
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

You certainly don't need an NI card to work - think of all the child actors around! You don't have to pay NI until you are at least 16, which is why cards aren't issued until then.

Boots do not take under 16s - just look on their website to confirm.

Best bet is a paper round or chores for neighbours. These days virtually no employers are insured to employ children under school leaving age.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

There are lots of places a 15 may legally work. But there are rules that limit the number of hours and when under 16s may work.

Employers don't want the hassle of employing you when their are hundreds of over 16s wanting jobs.

• 7 years ago

Legally you cannot get a job until you get your NI card when you are 16 but I have heard that Boots the Chemist wil take you on part time when you are 15, check out their job website, Good Luck

• 7 years ago

You may get cash in hand work, washing dishes, or cleaning for someone. You can't legally get a proper job until your 16. If your desparate for money, steal or go on the job (streetwalking).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.