Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 7 years ago

Is there any relationship between Curtis Sittenfeld and Korea?

I read Prep, The Man of my Dreams and American Wife recently. What makes me interesting is that all her books contained factors of South Korea. I think it is not a coincidence. Is there any relationship between Curtis Sittenfeld and South Korea?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sittenfeld was born August 23, 1975 in Cincinnati, Ohio, the second of four children (three girls and a boy) of Paul G. Sittenfeld, an investment adviser, and Elizabeth (Curtis) Sittenfeld, an art history teacher and librarian at Seven Hills School, a private school in Cincinnati. Her brother, P.G., is a member of the Cincinnati City Council .

She attended Seven Hills School through the eighth grade, then attended high school at Groton School, a boarding school in Groton, Massachusetts, graduating in 1993. In 1992, the summer before her senior year, she won Seventeen magazine's fiction contest.

She attended Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York before transferring to Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. At Stanford, she studied Creative Writing, wrote articles for the college newspaper, and edited that paper's weekly arts magazine. At the time, she was also chosen as one of Glamour magazine's College Women of the Year. She earned an MFA from the Iowa Writers' Workshop at the University of Iowa.

References

^ The Ten Best Books of 2005," The New York Times Book Review, December 11, 2005.

^ Mike Fleming, "Ron Nyswaner To Script Curtis Sittenfeld Novel ‘American Wife," Deadline.com, November 4, 2011

Articles about Sittenfeld

Reon Carter. "Local college senior makes Glamour's top 10". The Cincinnati Enquirer. September 21, 1996. C2.

Rory Evans. "Cincinnati Kid: Curtis Sittenfeld". Cincinnati Magazine. January 2005. 66+.

"Glamour's top 10 college women 1996". Glamour. v. 94, n. 10. October 1996. 108.

Felicia R. Lee. "Although She Wrote What She Knew, She Says She Isn't What She Wrote". New York Times. January 26, 2005. B3.

Sara Pearce. "'Prep' author visits hometown to chat". The Cincinnati Enquirer. February 15, 2005. E1.

Curtis Sittenfeld. "You Can't Get a Man With a Pen". The New York Times Book Review. December 19, 2004. 35.

Hank Stuever. "Move Over, Holden: Curtis Sittenfeld Writes About Boarding School Life as if She's Been There". The Washington Post. February 23, 2005. C1.

Reviews of Sittenfeld's books

The Man of My Dreams Reviews at Metacritic

Carlene Bauer. "Swimming With the School". ELLE. v. 20, n. 5. January 2005. 56.

Elaine Bender. Review of Prep. Library Journal. v. 129, n. 20. December 15, 2004. 103.

Jesse Berrett. "The dreams and dreads of the teenage years". The San Francisco Chronicle. January 23, 2005.

Tiffany Blackstone and Daryl Chen. "Too true novels". Glamour. v. 103, n. 1. January 2005. 87.

Michael Carr. Review of Prep. Booklist. v. 101, n. 8. December 15, 2004. 709.

Eleni Gage. "It Prepares You for Life, But What Prepares You for Prep School?". The New York Sun. January 19, 2005.

Caitlin Macy. "School Ties". The Washington Post. January 23, 2005. T7.

Review of Prep. The New Yorker. February 7, 2005.

Review of Prep. Publishers Weekly. v. 251, n. 44. November 1, 2004. 41.

Daniel Asa Rose. "Gimlet Eyed Girl Grows Up". New York Observer. January 17, 2005. 9.

Elissa Schappell. "Class Act". The New York Times Book Review January 16, 2005.

Steven Weinberg. "Superb writing is the edge for coming of age novel". The Plain Dealer. January 23, 2005. J10

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.