a rotation matrix reprsentation?

what does the square root of a rotation matrix means geometrically?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Peter
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Rotation by half the angle.

If R(theta/2) is the rotation matrix for angle theta/2, R(theta/2)*R(theta/2) is two rotations by theta/2, equivalent to a single rotation by theta which is R(theta)..

• 3 years ago

A 2d matrix is a few thing that we are all familiar with such {{a million,2},{3,4}} with rows and columns. it quite is a few thing to establish guidance in and then to with out postpone detect it while necessary. as an occasion, i will make a matrix whose entries are words. The rows would be line numbers and the columns may be the be conscious type. So if i opt to make certain what's the third be conscious in the 10th line, I purely look in the 10th row and the third column. Now enable us to declare that i opt to be waiting to apply the e book's website numbers too, properly the columns and rows are already used so i will upload a third length to the matrix (like the width, so now I even have the dimensions, top, and the width of the matrix field). So now, i will discover what's the third be conscious on the 10th line on the 2d website via looking up the get right of entry to in this 3-dimensional matrix. 3 is so some distance as we are able to visualize yet in Math, including yet another length is purely as undemanding as including one extra area. The fourth length may be the financial ruin of the e book. The 5th length may be the quantity of the e book and the 6th length may be the version of the multi-volume e book. So, now i will discover the third be conscious on the 10th line on the 2d website of the 5th financial ruin of the 9th volume of the 1st version. This has large purposes, maximum glaringly in workstation technological know-how. In programming, matrix algebra is amazingly efficient. How do you think of yahoo or google can show you how to recognize what you ask for thus quickly????????????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.